1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'm digging this up again. Got a question for you guys (especially Kal, you're the pro in this matter) How to you make your upper body broader? This is my main problem currently. While stuff fits very well around the shoulders already I notice more and more how slim I am. I'd love to have that V-shape but which muscles should I work out especially apart from lat? And what are good exercises? I only have dumbbells with adjustable weight.

I feel like if I only got broader there I'd look fairly masculine because my hips are not that wide, it's just the fucking waistline that's the problem.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have access to a pull bar? If not, a strong tree branch can help and I'm sure public parks have monkey bars that you could use as well. Pull ups can help you work on that v taper you're looking for. Scooy1961 did a few videos on that, and how to do assisted ones if you're still trying to build your upper body strength.

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was told also not to neglect my traps. Do shrugs.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Yes, I have a pull bar, but it seems to fail not because of my back but more my arms. It also blocks me in other exercises because my back grew best when I started.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Military press is a good shoulder builder as well.

6. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I just thought about something in the MTF thread. Is there an equivalent to the girls laser hair removal? I mean there is a technique that initially was for guys with patchy beards but some guys take ages until they can grow a beard or will have a patchy one (I will most likely belong to this group).

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

https://youtu.be/tJ_pCvRyZCA

8. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is possibly a silly question but when wearing a binder what do you do with your boobs? I'm a 32DD and they either seem to collect in the middle (which is very hot), under my armpits and out of the binder (which looks weird and feels a bit strange) or near the bottom of the binding bit (which means it's all lumpy and awkward AND hot), so what would you recommend I do? I used to bind with two sports bras and then I'd put my boobs towards my armpits but that doesn't work with a binder.

9. Grundy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just kinda grab them by the nips and mush them to the side but up a bit towards the armpits a little. Flatten them out a bit by distributing everything a bit evenly around each moob until they look right. Some up, some down, a lot to the side, none in the middle. That's uniboob territory.

#49 Grundy, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@ Rick: Does it work with peach fuzz too?

Also what kind of shaver do you use for your peach fuzz? The one I have no only works when it's longer, now it's like 1mm but I want it to go away. I feel like a barbarian, going out of the house like that (as if something was visible haha).

11. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk if this stuff would really work without being on T. And I haven't personally used it, but it seems to be working for Reed. I highly doubt I will have a problem with patchy facial hair given my genetics...

I just use a a regular men's disposable razor with three blades on my whole face, with shaving gel. I did this even before I started getting real facial hair and it worked just fine on peach fuzz.

12. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So some standard gilette thing?

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2017 at 04:31 PM ----------

Oh and congrats to getting facial hair that fast, man!

13. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am asking my trans guy crush to the dance, fam!

14. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, any razor. Even a lady one would be fine to begin with.

Thanks! To begin with I had a significant stache that needed to be shaved once a week, but that was it besides a couple black chin hairs a plucked, and the start of a unibrow. Within about a month I had to start shaving my lower chin and neck as well. I'm just starting to see a hint of sideburns and the stache is spreading and thickening (mostly on the left lol), and the beard is slowly creeping higher up my chin.

Tbh though my mom prolly still has more facial hair than me haha. She has a bit of a hormonal imbalance and has been in and out of laser and electrolysis for years.

My dad is a monster and I already resemble him in many ways so I'd be surprised if I couldn't grow a pretty full beard before the year is up. Not really my thing, but the stubble helps in passing.

#54 Rickystarr, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  15. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of people already responded to this but pushups, pull ups, running planks help too although the main focus is to target the abdominals. Reverse push ups can help too. But also don't forget to do warm ups as well.

16. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember guys, Dollar Shave Club.

17. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A club that delivers razors? What? xD

18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use those razors. Cheap and surprisingly good. Just wish they'd last longer when you have to shave EVERYTHING.

Should be good just for your face, probably last about a week. And trust me, I know you all get excited when your beard starts coming in, but at least shave the neck. Clean beards look good, don't look like you live behind a dumpster...

19. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahah but I want the hobo jesus look. j/k.. except for maybe when I'm old and ancient and it's ok to not give a fuck anymore lol. I'd probably want to keep it like a soul patch as my personal preference. I'd probably maintain something like this:

[​IMG]

But then again, it's always good to get other opinions if you got any. I have outed myself to a lot of people already (it was part of my new years resolution anyway). I have yet to tell my parents, but I was looking into some therapists lately.. If I could get labelled with gender dysphoria, and I'm completely sure I will be, I am looking very forward to using that as a better way to come out to my parents so it's not so awkward (I tried once so far and my mouth did an IRL version of a keyboard sap).. and I am looking forward to when I am told I could take T.

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2017 at 08:46 PM ----------

*slap keyboard slap ..

20. anthracite

anthracite Guest

That's a cool one. I will probably have some stubble once it works or at least sideburns. Or I do the Iron Man :grin: After all, I am a little narcisst about my hair, I wonder if I will be just as crazy with the facial hair.