1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Authors?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Elysian, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, pretty self-explanatory title here- I've just finished reading "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie and I was wondering if there were any authors out there that people are all "YOU NEED TO READ THEIR BOOKS" about because I'm low-key in the market to get a new literary romantic entanglement.

I'm generally a literature slut so post whatever lights your fire and there's a good chance I'll like it to be honest :badgrin:

2. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith. It's all I can think of right now cause I just finished reading it. It's the only well-written book with a lesbian main character that I've ever read, to be brutally honest.
    Hmmm, another good one, but completely different genre, is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. That's a good book to read if you like/dislike/or have read the Harry Potter series because it is sort of a critique on those books.

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What genres are you into? If you like crime fiction then there's a really good series of crime fiction novels by Jussi Adler-Olsen called the Department Q series. They're set in Denmark and translated from Danish, and they're really good stories! There are six books out at the moment, but the series is ongoing.

My favourite books at the moment are Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and The Godfather by Mario Puzo, if you'd rather have single-book recommendations. You probably know what those stories are about already, haha.

4. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reccs guys! I've actually read both of the novels you suggested ConnectedToWall The Price of Salt (in preparation for "Carol") and "Carry On" is one I read last year (and fell in love with Baz).

I haven't read any of the Department Q series so I'll take a look out for some of them! I read Frankenstein a few years ago and thought it was pretty rad! And I previously didn't even know that The Godfather was even a book :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, if anyone asks me what book they have to read there is only one answer:

--> Have you read "The Name of the Wind" from Patrick Rothfuss?

It's a fantastic novel. It's about a young boy who lost his parents due to a mysterious group (no one knows something about them) and he wants to find them and get his revenge. On the way he tries to learn the name of the wind to control it.

I really love it! There are three books, but only 2 have been published. The third is coming in the next few... years?

You should really look into it ^^

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2017 at 08:12 PM ----------

"The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss

Prepositions are in my problem zone :icon_redf sorry about that...