1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Vapers Here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Butterfly2016, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly2016

So about a month ago I got into vaping in the form of a neat little device called the Vitastik. After using that for a while I discovered my breathing got way way better than it had ever been. And I've never had breathing problems. It just enhanced my lung expansion. I got my first real vape pen last night and started real vaping today. Nicotine-free. I just use it for weight loss and anxiety. Anyone else do this? I'm curious.

2. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my last cig on the 22nd of December, I've been vaping since. I have something called an Eleaf, it's a pretty cool little device. It's not as good as smoking, of course, but I don't have too bad of withdrawals considering I have a high nicotine dose in my juice. I am finding breathing a lot better now as well. I don't cough as much, and I don't lose my voice when I speak loudly or for lengthy periods of time. It's a good step for me.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vaping is a scam perpetrated by the tobacco companies. And about 80% of all vaping companies are owned by Big Tobacco.

If you're quitting smoking, then vaping appears to be at least somewhat less damaging than smoking, but the jury is still out, and regulations on vaping devices are minimal, so what's actually in a given vape is questionable, and none of the vaping materials have actually been tested for safety.

If you're not a smoker and take up vaping... sorry, but you're an idiot. It does NOT make you breathe better; you're essentially putting the same primary ingredient as is found in antifreeze for cars (propylene glycol) in your lungs, along with a whole bunch of untested chemicals. Even the "natural" vapes are still putting chemicals (in their natural form) in your lungs, which are not designed to have chemicals fed to them. It doesn't expand lung capacity; on the contrary, it tricks your lungs by numbing them.

The entire marketing of vapes is a scam, intentionally manipulating people into thinking it's somehow cool, healthy, smart, trendy, or whatever else.

It isn't.

Additionally, there is significant data showing that an overwhelming majority of non-nicotine vape smokers eventually end up using (and addicted to) nicotine vapes. As I said, it's a brilliant scam designed to entice non-smokers into starting a similar addiction. Anyone who buys into it is playing right into the hands of Big Tobacco.

There's some really good info here, a collection of good, objective research assemblied by the California Dept. of Health.

Again, if you are weaning off of cigarettes, these are a good short-term solution. If you don't smoke, you're an idiot if you buy into this crap being fed by Big Tobacco.

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just bought one today. I was never a smoker, but i'm trying to quit all the dip and chewing tobacco I used to do. I went cold turkey over a month ago, but the nicotine cravings got too much to handle...

5. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tried vaping but ended up when flu season hit with pneumonia. Went to ER from it and the first question they ask is if you smoke. When I said I had quit and went to vaping instead of cigs, the doctor told me to start using gum or patches and get off the vape. He said there were new studies out that they are being trained in showing vaping actually increases the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia. Basically it was safer health wise to quit smoking using other methods.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If one is quitting nicotine, the patches or gum are much better alternatives. There is also Chantix which has shown effectiveness in reducing nicotine cravings. Licorice sticks are helpful in dealing with the physical biorhythm of having something in your mouth.

Vaping is just a terrible idea, especially as a treatment for anxiety or aid to weight loss. There are much better and safer methods.

7. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I do drive a Subaru WRX so I should probably start vaping.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Joelouis

@Chip: A no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point post. Just as it should be!

Having never smoked, I have never seen the point of it. Even with these vape things, I can't see why someone would put chemicals into your lungs that just do nothing but harm to you.
    Many people - the especially young - take up vaping having not smoked previously. Personal choice I suppose, but I don't get it.

I can see a time when the true extent of damage these vapes cause will be all over the media. A health timebomb me thinks.

#9 Joelouis, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. Psaurus918

I never understood the whole "cool" factor to vaping. I've never once saw someone vaping and thought "wow that's so cool"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.