1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight guy into me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ElasticElephant, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ElasticElephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey!! so before i go into this I just wanted to say this is my first thread I've posted so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place or i didn't do something important. anyways, getting into it:

so im a gay male teenager in high school, out to my immediate family and like two friends at school, but not to anyone involved in this story. in my second period spanish class I'm with my two friends [female] and i also sit with one of those friend's boyfriend, lets call him john just for this. i sit in front of him and across from my friends. now i've always thought john was super cute. he's got a really nice body, but before having this class together we had never talked before. I always just assumed he was straight so I didn't really bother thinking about it too much. however, he's been giving me some major signs and has been confusing me a lot!

it started out with me leaning back. i guess i stretched a little too far back and i was hovering over his desk, because he started playing with my hair a little bit. he didn't say anything and neither did I, I just straightened myself out and continued with class. every couple times we lock eyes he'll pretend like he's scratching his tummy flashing his abs to me. I've never seen him do that to anyone but me before. we were playing a game in class and we were on the same team, and he told me to get my "cute little booty over there". I was joking with him asking him what he would do if i spilled my water on him and he said, "i'd probably get a boner. i've got a big dick you know".

he's a wrestler and I know they're very comfortable around other boys, but i feel like he's saying everything on purpose to try and get to me. granted this has all been over the course of a couple months, and i'm awkward as hell so I never know what to say or how to respond, but he keeps persisting. not to perpetuate stereotypes or anything, but I live in a small town and he is practically the opposite of your token gay kid. I'm not super feminine either, but if you get to know me you'd probably get suspicious of my sexuality.

I have no idea what to do. like i said he's got a girlfriend and talks about sex with girls a lot to his friends, but I know he's either just trying to play with my emotions and get attention or maybe he really wants to do something with me? I'm barely out to anyone and i'm afraid if i make a move it'll burn me when it turns out he's straight and has just been toying with me. I know there isn't a magical answer, but i don't feel comfortable talking about it with anyone I'm out to but I wanted some outside input and maybe advice. thank you all so much!! sorry if that was long <3

2. robclem21

I think you seem to be avoiding the most important part of this story, which is that it is your best friend's boyfriend. Regardless of whether or not he may be interested, he is currently in a relationship (let alone a relationship with your best friend). You making a move has a high potential to ruin that friendship and any chance with this guy.

Maybe he is curious, maybe he's not. It is tough to tell just from your story, but either way I think he is off limits and you shouldn't really do too much here.

3. ElasticElephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    she's honestly not really my friend. a friend of a friend and I only speak to her through that friend, if that makes sense. she's also pretty homophobic, I over heard her telling someone that the gays and lesbians sitting at another table at lunch were going to hell. I guess I just don't really care that much? that sounds awful but thats the truth. :rolle:

4. ElasticElephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    UPDATE:

so, yesterday he asked me why i never gave him kisses. i would've responded with something more than a giggle if his girlfriend was sitting 2 feet away. i low-key feel like my golden opportunity has kinda passed. idk I'm kinda bummed

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ElasticElephant,

What do you WANT to do about this guy?

You don't know if he might actually be gay or even bi. The fact that he has a girlfriend and talks about girls all the time doesn't really mean much - it could very well be a cover because he isn't ready to Come Out at school. His interactions with do not seem like normal guy-to-guy stuff. Most for two guys who are really no more well acquainted than just classmates.

On the opposite side of the equation, could he be baiting you? Trying to get you to Out yourself? You wrote that you don't act super feminine, but that someone who got to know you would probably get suspicious of your sexuality. Sometimes hyper-masculine guys (especially Jocks) tend to play those kind of games. And you said the he's on the wrestling team.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

6. ElasticElephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    maybe i'm just insecure and i assume he's not really into me, but my instincts tell me he's just playing games.

idk i mean me personally, i don't get why he would try and toy with me and play games? like what does he even gain from it other than entertainment.

I think I would like to move forward with him romantically, but I'm not infatuated with him to the point where I'm going to put myself on the line. i'm not really interested in the games, like if he wants it; he needs to come get it lmfao.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, be careful, ElasticElephant.

It sounds like that's exactly how you are approaching this. But if there is a real opportunity here for you...

I wish you all the best!:slight_smile:

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't underestimate his reasons.

Some people do mess with others for their own amusement. Just keep that in mind when you interact with him so you don't get hurt.

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could flirt back a little, and see how he responds. Have you considered saying similar stuff back to him? If he goes along with it then he's just as 'gay' as you lol so there shouldn't be any worry about you being outed.... because you can turn around and say he was doing all this gay stuff too....

10. ElasticElephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Quantumreality

thank you :slight_smile:

@RainbowGreen

i guess you're right. idk i find it odd.

@WhiteShadows

I wish I could!! But his girlfriend is literally always right there. it's so incredibly awkward, like...he flirts with me right in front of this girl.