1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A conundrum.

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by Dentalfloss, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So part of me wants to tell my husband what I know and then I realized that if I tell him, he probably won't let her " friend" come over again and then we will have to explain why we won't let her over. Then my daughter will know that we know.

So I sit on my knowledge for right now. At least I have you guys and my trustworthy best friend. Without both of you guys, I'd be insane!

I'm also taking advice and attempting to take this as it comes instead of trying to figure it out now. At least that's my plan for the moment. Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.

UGGGGGG!!!!!

2. tgboymom

Good plan, girl... yea.. you'll change your mind, and change it again, and change it again.. It's hard to sit on this information, but only you know what is best! :wink:

Be blessed!!!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Dentalfloss,

I agree with tgboymom.

Take your time and let yourself absorb and adjust this new situation in your life. Remember, you haven't even been dealing with this for very long at all yourself. If/when you feel the time is right, you may want to confide in your husband about this issue. But I'd recommend that you slow down a bit, try to absorb this new information that you do actually know about your daughter (i.e. her text), and let allow yourself the time to adapt and accept it.

Stay strong!:slight_smile:

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This must be very hard for you. How long ago did you find this information out? You might need to give it some time.

5. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

I found out less than a week ago.

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK, that little bit of info does shed a lot of light. Consider: you have to reassess all your memories of past experiences in light of the new knowledge. You have to rearrange all your expectations of future experiences. All the while not rearranging the way you behave in the present. And you just got started. Hang in there!

For the rest I'll just repeat this point: when you read or hear somebody say "I love you" (this was your evidence, IIRC) it should make you happier. Some people are incapable of saying that, or will never hear that.