1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want A Good Name Change

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GaybrahamLinco, Dec 30, 2016.

1. GaybrahamLinco

Lately my friends call me Avery, as that's what I told them I would prefer to go by. But most of them told me it seemed more feminine or androgyinous, and I found some better names. I nailed it down to a few, but I still can't decide. Should I go with Jasper, Avery, Quartz, or Flint?

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey
    I think that Quartz is fairly androgynous, as is Avery. However, your favorite is Avery then I think you should go with that. I like Jasper and Flint, if you prefer a more common name I'd go with Jasper. I think my favorite is Flint, I haven't really heard it a lot and it sounds masculine to me :slight_smile:

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you want to go for more masculine names, Jasper and Flint are the best ones in my opinion. But if you prefer Avery then you should stick with that, as Spot said.

4. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Even if your name is Mr Manly McManface some people will address you as "she" if they read you as a girl. A masculine name isn't everything.

The first thing I think of for the name Avery is Fern's brother in Charlotte's Web. It's a good name. Of the ones you listed, I like Avery and Jasper very much, followed by Flint. I'm not sold on Quartz because I don't traditionally think of it as a name and it's the most androgynous of the names, I think. But I bet that whatever name you pick, you can pull it off.

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think Avery is androgynous which isn't necessarily bad, but it is a bit trendy for my taste. Jasper is a cool name but quite popular among transguys which isn't a good thing imo. Quartz doesn't strike me as a name at all. Flint is very cool though it sounds a bit special. If you don't mind that, Flint is really cool and actually sounds like a name. And definitely masculine.

6. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To me Avery seems masculine. I think that whatever name you choose, it shouldn't be because of your friends' opinion. Your name should be your choice, not your friends'.

7. LeticiaTheLesbo

I would say either Jasper or Flint. Avery is very androgynous, and leans more feminine in my eyes. With no means to sound rude, Quartz just doesn't strike me as a name. Flint also has this quality to me, but is more 'namey.' I would go with Jasper personally out of the ones you have.

8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I like Avery very much. It's a cool name that can fit any powerful personality.