1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trans People] If body swapping was a thing, would you do it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SabreBear, Dec 26, 2016.

?

Would you swap bodies if you could?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    where do i sign up??????

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a complicated question for me. On one hand, it would be tempting. On the other, I've spent a damn long time working on this body, working out multiple days a week for a year and a half, and I'm actually seeing results.

Now if it were a question of just switching the relevant bits around with a transgirl, abso-fucking-lutely. But I've put too much work into the rest of me to trade wholesale. :wink:

#22 ThatBorussenGuy, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. Andrea7579

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Id definitely like to.. but id want to find a transguy I really connected with so that we would maybe stay togeher after the swap

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2017 at 04:32 AM ----------

I couldnt agree more! I think this would be so cool.. but after enough time to really get to know the other person and both decide this is what we want.

4. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meant to choose yes, but whoops I submitted no.

I would love to, but I can see both sides of the argument.

For me though, the dysphoria is too much to want to stay as myself.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No.

Not sure if it would make sense but....this is my body. It is flawed and needs a ton of work, but it is mine. I don't want someone else's body, even if their body matches the gender that I am. I want my body, and I want my body to match who I am. I am taking a lot more pride in my body since I started on my journey towards transition.
    To up and say "I would swap body's with that guy" feels much like abandoning an old friend, might not get along with the friend much of the time but they have been there in the end.

So I might see a guy and feel jealous/envious but I wouldn't want to swap bodies with them. That is thwie body. It grew to them, adjusted to them. Just as mine grew to me and adjusted to me, and I guess that wouldn't make sense considering I am a dysphoric trans man, but it is how I feel.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no negative effects? everybody healthy? in a freaking heartbeat. so many of my fears of transitioning would be GONE. come on with that magic wand.

7. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes without hesitation.

8. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as the person I want to swap bodies with agrees, yes :badgrin:

9. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

At first i actually voted 'no' in the same kind of way as Matto_Corvo, but then thought of a bunch of people i've wanted to look like for the longest time and realised, yeah, i'd do it in a heartbeat...

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see mine as a work in progress. It's sort of like "winning" a gold medal that isn't yours. Besides, with the way I relate to gender, it probably wouldn't be possible.

11. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely yes. I'd just need to find an Asian trans woman, and we'd both be better off overall.
    I still haven't had any medical treatment yet, which is frustrating, but in this scenario it would be ideal because the other person wouldn't have to deal with the irreversible effects of T.

12. Raini Dai

That would be fascinating! Hmm. Maybe? Probably. I would love to do that with someone I knew really well just to see what it would be like. But then I can imagine getting dysphoric for the body I have now. If there was a reverse option then yes, otherwise probably not.

13. Raini Dai

That would be fascinating! Hmm. Maybe? Probably. I would love to do that with someone I knew really well just to see what it would be like. But then I can imagine getting dysphoric for the body I have now. If there was a reverse option then yes, otherwise probably not.

---------- Post added 25th Jan 2017 at 10:46 AM ----------

Oops. Sorry people. Is there a delete option?

14. Andrea7579

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd swap if it was possible. I was born with a pretty decent male body and I'm sure that there are FTM who would enjoy it more than the female body they were born with. I'd love to hear from any transguy who wants to chat about this.

15. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had the opportunity to have the body I've been wanting for so long. with no ramifications...just wake up in the morning with my new body...yes, I could get behind that.

As long as I could still have had all of my experiences as a "female" that have helped shape me into the person I am.

To be honest? The body I'd want the most is a taller, post-transition body, not necessarily a classical male body. There are things I don't mind about being trans, and it's such a strong part of my identity, and I don't have any dysphoria about what I've got downstairs - I don't see the point in changing some things. I just wish there was a way I could wake up tomorrow with all of the results, instead of months and years of puberty changes. Just to have people call me "he" without any hesitation...that would be excellent.

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

No, because I want to keep my brain. Character and all is wired in that. And as a pre-T dude I see my current body as my boy-body, taking T is basically becoming an adult. Growing facial hair, get a deeper voice. I want to see how I look as a grown man.

#36 anthracite, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  17. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Slightly off topic: But if body swapping as in becoming a cis-boy was a thing I might have actually done it, despite not wishing to transitioning.

...I don't know it's like...I don't really want to transition because of all the shit that comes with it but if I could be a biological dude I'd probably do it....

...yeah ...sorry...pretty off topic.

18. EmmaFrost

Would you swap with a 5'11" tall athletic south east asian man who has a masculine frame?
    What are your physical traits?

19. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a interesting thought, but I wanna work for it by myself (and my with the help of T)

20. Winter Storm

Not trans, but I was just reading about a man who had (I think) the first face swap in the US. It was very interesting. He had his face blown off from an attempted suicide. He had multiple surgeries to fix it, but when this became an option they changed directions. It was ten years after the suicide attempt when he finally had a new face.

The interesting point is that during those ten years when he dreamed, he still had his original face before the accident. After the surgery, he started to dream with his new face.