1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your best Christmas moment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was a pretty good Christmas. One of the best gifts I got was from my uncle (by marriage; he married my aunt). Last night, my uncle cussed my grandmother's husband (Bob) out for being an asshole. Bob has NEVER been nice to me. He married my grandmother when I was 8 years old, and has always been a bastard. (He married her because she has a house, and he was living with his parents at age 57. He is using her.) My poor grandmother was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3 years ago after having two back surgeries. Bob has been so hateful towards my grandmother because he sees her as a burden.

So, last night, when the whole family was at my aunt's and uncle's house, my uncle tried to give my grandmother a bag of hot chocolate, and she said, "I can't have that. Maybe Bob can have it." He tried to give it to Bob and he stuck his nose up and said, "I don't want it." Then my uncle tried giving my grandmother an ornament bag, and she said, "I can't have that either." My uncle plays Dirty Santa with everyone every year on Christmas Eve. The prizes this year were $10, $20, and $100. He gave out tickets to everyone with a number on them. He tried giving a ticket to Bob, and Bob ignored him! My uncle said, "You have to have a ticket to play." Bob grunted snobbishly and said, "I'm not playing." So my uncle said, "Fuck you, Bob!" LOLOL!!! :roflmao: That seriously made my whole night! It was AWESOME! XD

Not only that, but Bob came onto my aunt a year ago. He kept sending her dirty texts while my grandmother was laying up in bed suffering from her illness. My aunt told my uncle, and my uncle decided to forgive him for my grandmother's sake. He even welcomed Bob into his home! But after Bob acted like a dick last night, my uncle said he is no longer welcome in his house. I am so glad! I can't stand that man!

Backstory:
    I remember when I was 12, my grandmother, my aunt, and Bob, all put money towards two bicycles; one for me and one for my twin sister, for Christmas. Bob called us out to the garage to talk to us, so we followed him. He showed us the bicycles and we were ecstatic! He never once smiled at us or presented them to us in a friendly manner. He was so cold and hateful. He said, "Now you better take care of these! I better not see them laying on the ground or just thrown around! If I do, I'm taking them back!" We continued to say thank you to him, but he kept chewing us out, and for no damn reason! My aunt witnessed the whole thing and walked off shocked. She feels bad that she didn't stand up for us, but I guess maybe she was too disgusted. What's so shitty is that he acted as if he was the only one who bought the bikes, when he only put maybe $20 towards them (they were about $80 each). My aunt actually spent the most money on them. My mom says that she remembers us walking back into the living room that day. She said we looked very upset. I finally told her why a few years after that happened.

I also remember when I was 16, Bob and my grandmother offered to buy me and my sister a used car. He acted like a dick then, as well. He gave us the same speech about taking care of the car. He even fussed at my mother! We agreed to go look at the car, which was a piece of junk. We turned it down. I told my mom that I refused to let that old dirt bag hold something over my head like that. I finally, after years of his shit, told my grandmother that I don't like him at all. I told her last Christmas, and she said she already knew. This year, I talked to her again, and I told her that if she decides to leave him, that she is more than welcome to move in with us, and that I would treat her like a Queen. She thanked me, but I doubt she will leave him. He has crushed her self-esteem so horribly, and it's like she's convinced that she needs him. It's like she has battered wife syndrome! So, after New Years, my mom and aunt are going to her house and giving my grandmother a "heart-to-heart" discussion about Bob.

So, it was pretty fantastic that my uncle cussed Bob out. I've waited 13 years for someone to finally do it! :lol:

What was your best Christmas moment? :grin:

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, we went to my grandparents' house on my mom's side today for their Christmas. I spent quite a bit of time with my aunts and uncles, honestly, and heard them tell some stories and things.

At one point, we got onto a topic of weird bathroom mirrors and stuff. My grandma brought up that there was one house that had a bunch of pictures on every wall in the bathroom and that started the whole thing. They talked about bathrooms with a mirror on the ceiling, bathrooms with a one-way mirror stall (you can see out, they can't see in), and what I think was the pièce de résistance--a bathroom where a mirror is directly in front of you as you use the toilet, so you essentially lock eyes with your reflection as you're doing your business.

And by god. One of my aunt's face when we were talking about these things, and as she was talking about them. Absolutely priceless. It was kinda like this
    [​IMG]

Truly a masterpiece.

3. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My cousin who is Pan got a bag of glitter I had (I wanted it but he was like "Em, it's worth the gay joke") and dumped it in his hand, the turned to my uncle and said, "what do gay horses eat?" Then flamboyantly waves his hand over his head, releasing the glitter everywhere, and shouts "heEEy!!" In a very feminine voice. I cried.

4. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am very lucky and had my best christmas since I was a child.

There were 12 of us sitting around a huge table drinking and eating fabulous food cooked by my friends wife. My friends wife is my best friend, her husband is also becoming a great friend, I only really knew a couple of the others there at the start. Four of the people I only met for the first time were oil workers and real tough, rowdy types.

Just before the food came out someone had obviously asked my friend if I was gay and one of the oil workers who had overheard the question shouted from across the room "All of us are on proper man beer while he sips wine and is as camp as a row of pink tents at a Pride festival and you have to ask!?!? "Now get him another drink and stop asking stupid f***ing questions!" It was all done with laughter and both people did check that I wasn't offended. I was in the army for 6 years so I understand the joking and p**s taking well and gave as good as I got as the day wore on.

I was accepted for who I am and what I am and left this morning with invitations to various trips and nights out. Awesome day (!)

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My all time favorite Christmas memory was six years ago when my late partner proposed marriage to me with a really nice engagement ring to boot on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, several months before our actual wedding...he passed away unexpectedly. However, he left me a lot of great memories but this one stands out a lot.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Getting presents, drinking alcohol and talking about some of the people that we thought were strange afterwards. My aunt caused quite a bit of drama though after the party and so did one guys now ex fiancé and my friends friend. It's been kinda crazy.

7. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got to spend a lot of time with my sister, which I love! Our schedules and just generally where my life is right now usually keeps us pretty removed from each other.

I also got a giant bag of cheddar popcorn, so I'm happy.