Questioning my Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JebzanBep, Dec 25, 2016.

1. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I'm new here and I need your help guys.

I''m super confused if I^m straight or bisexual

Please help me

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

Welcome to EC!

If you are confused about your sexuality, first take a deep breath and relax. This is about you and yourself, there is no need to rush to any conclusions.

Think about your attractions. When thinking about women, do you feel attracted to them? Sexually and romantically? What about men, do you feel attracted to them? When you imagine yourself in a relationship, do you think you could be happy with a man or a woman, or you would be happy with any of them? When you fantasize, do you think about men or women?

Stay calm. You don't need to pressure yourself or rush to any conclusions. Take your time.

Also, labels are really confusing most of the time. There's no need to label yourself if you don't want to. You are who you are, and that's what matters. :slight_smile:

No one can tell exactly what your orientation is but you. However, if you think it would be helpful, you can share more of your story with us so it becomes easier to help. :slight_smile:

3. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I am sexually and romatically attracted to both sexes but, if I do go with my same-sex I might get uncomfortable? Like I said, confused. Huhuhu

Thank you I should keep calm and give it more time to figure this out. Oh my gosh, this is all new to me.

Thank you very very much for this advice and I'm definitely gonna come back for more huhuhu this message means a lot to me. Thank you again for the message :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem! That's why we are here for. :slight_smile:
    Apparently, you are pretty sure you are attracted to same-sex, even if you are a little uncomfortable, is that right?

If yes, then the feeling of being uncomfortable could be due to this being new to you (as we live in a society full of prejudice, and being non-straight is seen as something "different"). But, yeah, like i said, think about your fantasies and your attractions, and you will eventually reach a conclusion. :slight_smile:

We are here if you need more advice or if you want to chit-chat. :slight_smile:

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are sexually and romantically attracted to both, that would be bisexual by definition.

Feeling uncomfortable with the same sex is very normal since we're taught like them is wrong our whole lives. A lot of gay and bi people won't even date the same sex at first because the feeling seems off.

6. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *SCREAMS.

So. . .I am a Bi? But I guess I'm still having trouble accepting it? Maybe I don't wanna be one because I'm scared of my family. They don't really like the idea. :^(

Thank you for the advice guys :slight_smile:

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like i said, no one can tell you what your orientation is. But, like Creativemind said, by definition, if you feel attraction to men and women, you are probably bisexual.

Don't worry too much about your family or telling others for now, if you don't want to. Repeating myself, take it slow: First take your time to think and accept yourself. Coming out is another step. :wink:

8. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess. . .I am attracted to both?

*Takes deep breath

Right, take it slow. Step by step. It's just, I feel the need to rush things because my mind is screaming like "CHOOSE NOW OR YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!" But I am taking your advice to keep slow and that grounds me, thank you. :slight_smile:

But may I ask what's it like coming out for you?

9. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know right? I understand the mind screaming thing, hahahaha. But, yes, "forcing yourself" to take it slow is a good thing. It doesn't mean you need to avoid the answer if you have it, but you don't need to choose a label like it is something made of iron that you can't change later, if you feel it doesn't suit you.

About my coming out story (i'll take the liberty of resuming it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ): I have always liked men and women, but i never really questioned my orientation until i was 18~19. I just felt straight people also liked same-sex a bit, but i never really thinked much about this.

When i entered university, i began to have more contact with LGBT people, and, one day, the thought crossed my mind: What if i'm not straight?

That thought crossed my mind because, like i said, i always liked both genders, and i never had much contact with the possibility of being bisexual before: There were "100% gay people and 100% straight people". And i realized it wasn't really that way.

So, to resume: I questioned myself for 3 months, intensely, in a battle between me and myself inside my own mind. After i finally accepted myself, i slowly started to come out to my friends, one at a time. Then my family, sister first, then mom, then dad. Finally, i changed my Facebook status and now i simply don't hide it.

If you are interested in Coming Out Stories, check our section about that here: Coming Out Stories - Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out :thumbsup:

10. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now that you've mentioned it, I think I also liked both genders when I was, what, twelve? Or thirteen? But also haven't thought much about it, but now that I'm sixteen, I begin to ask myself questions. Why am I constantly fantasizing about girls? Shouldn't it be guys that I fantazies about? Why do I get weird feelings when I see a pretty girl? And now I'm stuck in all these wires. XD

It took you three months and I'm happy that you were able to come out :slight_smile: I feel genuinely happy when I hear stories of people coming out like , you've been self-afflicted so long & now you've accepted who you are. Thank you for sharing your story :slight_smile:

I wonder if I'm able to come out but like you said, I don't need to tell it right away.
    I guess I have to explore more of these feelings (no, not sexually XD). Thank you :slight_smile:

11. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for reading it! ^^
    Yeah, coming out isn't easy, most of the time, but you can worry about it later, when you feel ready. ^^

And, like i said before, we are here if you need more advice or if you want to interact with the community in other threads! :thumbsup:

12. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile: You'll be the first I'll go to once I'm ready! ^_^ <3 <3 <3

13. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem! :grin:

14. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're starting to accept the idea!

15. JebzanBep

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you Chiroptera and CreativeMind ^_^