1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find the opposite sex attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowsFactory, Dec 23, 2016.

1. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay, but I'm not blind. There is no shame in a gay man admitting that some women are very pretty. Does it mean I find women "attractive"? No, that's not a word I would use and a woman will never float my boat in the same way as a guy can, but it would be ridiculous to say that I find all women ugly or repellent.

To those people who are questioning, or anxious about this issue there may be some reassurance in reading the responses to this thread. We don't need to adopt an all or nothing mentality about our sexuality. All of this is very reasonable and normal.

2. WarmEmbrace

Yes, I find both sexes attractive, for different reasons though :slight_smile: .

With men I am attracted and turned on by their confidence and dominance and also, later on by their desire for me. Physical aspect plays a little part, they just need to be taller than me :slight_smile:. Or at least as tall as me. :slight_smile:.

With women their physical aspect is the attraction initiator, and then their personality needs to pick up the torch and carry on :slight_smile:. I do prefer women with a strong sense of purpose and mind of their own.

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much this. I can appreciate when a guy is attractive and stylish, but anything beyond that..no. There are some guys that can pull off the suit look, and some suit mascara. Does that mean I'm into them? No, not really. They can be attractive, but it's just not really where my interests lie.

I think that some lesbians can be afraid to admit this, worried that people will accuse them of not being "truly gay" and I know that some guys have used this to try and convince me I'm bi, "But if you're not completely repulsed by men, why not get with me?". I think there is more of a stigma for lesbians and straight men to complement men, I mean people always think of the image of a stereotypical gay guy complimenting women, but people don't usually think of lesbians complimenting straight men. :eusa_thin

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can find that woman can be Beautiful and pretty but I in no way want to have any sexual relations with one. As well woman can have many attractive qualities like humor or etc.

5. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely in the middle of the spectrum somewhere. Handsome male celebrities onpy really though. Guys in real life. No. Still to meet one that makes me all fluttery the way that many women do. Even with male celebs tho - Johnny Depp- yes lovely, mmm, could look at him all day. But put Jennifer Lawrence next to him or my wife in a niiiiice dress and OMFG Johnny was never there!

6. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay I have thought about this for a long time now to answer. short answer - no.

This is my conclusion from self-examination - I get along with guys like buddies/friends would. Up until my 2nd child, I had the female model figure. I got a lot of attention from men and that was what I was attracted to, not them but just the high of having someone want you so much. I can not stand, even hate, having sex with men. Men get along with me because I am still pretty attractive after 2 kids, but mostly I am a down-to-earth woman who they can relate with and talk to, or so I think. I now I am not the high maintenance type.

With women, completely different. I have a certain type I am more sexually attracted to, but all women are better than a man. I get nervous, flustered, anxious, and speechless around women. I think from what I have read on the many posts here that is pretty much a normal reaction to the gender you are attracted to. Within the first few miliseconds/seconds I know if she is my type and would I want to have sex with her. Heck, even if not my type there are times when just something about her turns me on.
    There's a straight saying that fits me perfectly with women - Men and women can't just be friends, one of them is wanting more. That is my issue with women. I have no idea how to do that - the just being friends part. Without even the initial sex attraction, I connect emotionally fast and then it becomes a sex issue.

7. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find some men handsome or goodlooking, but not in a way where I would ever want to be with them.

8. Mindwarp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I do. I'm predominantly gay, but I'd consider myself most certainly bisexual. Strange thing: depending on the time of day, I find one sex more attractive than the other. It's bizarre.

9. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think men are beautiful and I love to draw them. Doing stuff with them doesn't seemed to work out for me though.

10. Minihambergers

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm attracted to both but in different ways I'm attracted to guys sexualy and girls romantically you get what I'm saying

11. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not often I find people of the opposite sex attractive. I could identify one that may be attractive to the majority but they wouldn't be attractive to me. Can't remember the last time I saw an attractive man, but I don't take much notice of men anyway.

12. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can find some men attractive, but not in the way of sex or marrying them

13. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Well...there's this thing about nerds that makes them attractive in any way or form =P

Generally I can tell if someone is attractive by societies standards, though I don't always get what my straight friends see in certain guys physically speaking.

14. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i'm a bi guy with a preference for women, I love both sexes but my attraction to women is both romantic and physical and it seems like my attraction for men is mostly if not all physical which I kinda feel like a bad person for. I've only had a romantic attraction to a guy ounce in my life and that was ten years ago. I feel romantic attractions to women pretty often

15. adrenaline

this is when i start doubting myself for being bisexual and actually being pansexual, cuz for me literally everyone could be attractive, maybe i wont want to have sex, but i can find anyone attractive. also i might think of sex too much, so that's why i believe to be a bisexual, but and i never met communicated more with a trans person (which i would love to do) then i would now for sure about my "pansexuality" ;s

16. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find it very difficult to tell the difference between what is attractive and what is just aesthetically attractive. I find men to be very beautiful but the idea (and when it occurs, reality) of actually being in any sort of sexual or romantic situation with them freaks me out and makes me very uncomfortable. However as a pure fantasy its absolutely fine. I can't work out whether these thoughts are just nervousness or gayness.

17. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ridiculously gorgeous, beautiful, endearing, goddess, but not attractive.

I find no shame in admitting that women generally can pull off looking far more on point that men. However, this will never make them look subjectively attractive or hot.

There have been a few instances where I was being obsessed with the eyes of a girl or her outfit/hair, but just because I was finding them stunning.

Actually, I will rather check out a girl's make-up and fashion picks than a guy who I anyway assume is straight.

In conclusion I am far more interested in women than I am in men, and even so it still won't change the way my hormones react.

18. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Basically this. I can find a girl very beautiful and pretty, but I wouldn't want to have sex with them.

For me, this sensation is a bit like a failed sneeze. When I see a girl that I find really pretty, I feel like I want to be attracted to them, but the feeling never comes up, even though I feel like my brain is wanting to.

19. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

If we're talking strictly cis-females in my case, not attractive but I can appreciate that they're beautiful or cute. Like PatrickUK, I'm not (that) blind :grin:

20. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I do feel some attraction to girls, but in general I'm more attracted to guys.

Allot depends on the person themselves, With the right person/situation I think I could have a relationship with either (that is ofcourse if it wasn't for the fact I'm completely unfriendable/unloveable)
    And by "relationship" I mean 'love' not 'sex'