1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serioiusly WTF?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firepit5, Dec 22, 2016.

1. gliding

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and it usually doesn't bother me much.

However, I'm open with everyone about my sexuality as I'm kinda old and comfortable with who I am, so I'm able to say something like "You're talking about me, I am what you're claiming to hate", it then goes one of two ways, they either decide I'm not someone they want to spend time with or they don't mention their opinion on homosexuality again.

Perhaps I'm a little too accepting of homophobia, I live in a country where I can't marry my partner and homophobia in some areas of our society is huge, but regardless of the views of other or the views of our government, I live an amazing life.

The key is focusing on the positives you find in your world and working to not be negatively affected by the rubbish that is often thrown at our feet.

I believe that the world will change slowly and instead of being angered by the injustice I move forward living a life that supports those around me and is filled with as much joy as possible.

2. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Talk to them.
    Otherwise, plot their demise.

3. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is a very thoughtful and beautiful response. Thank you.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 10:03 PM ----------

Agreed. *side-eyes*

4. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I took this response to heart. Obviously we don't know each other. But Mama-Bear is a sad example of what I can be. If you ever watch the "Goldbergs", my kids call my Bevy. As in I am the quintessential protective mother. I am the mother that will march into the school and grab the principal by the collar (although without witness or cameras, I am a lawyer after all).

I would do anything to protect my children. And I will. I so want to go to the school and talk to the guidance counselors about her being bullied. But she has begged me to not. She is in therapy. Of course she is. I have 3 kids that are above-genius grade and this DD plays at least 12 instruments, but of course she is in therapy.

We have done such a good job of giving our kids the good kid life that I didn't have. Now 2 of my 3 kids are in therapy. It feels like such a failure

#24 Firepit5, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Simply tell them that they are wrong.