1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Journaling?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you keep a journal or diary? If so, for how long and what kind of things do you write in it?

Tell me about your thoughts on the topic.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've tried to keep a consistent journal or diary at several points in my life. And...I've rarely ever kept it. I always forget or just drop it after a few days.

The things I'd write in there tended to be just a reflection on what happened that day and how I felt about what happened/how I was currently feeling.

I think if someone wanted to keep things like that, more power to them. I hope they're more consistent than I am in that aspect :lol:

3. Love is love

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I write in my journal daily. I don't write much, unless something significant happened. Other than hat I'll just write 2-3 sentences. Like " I ate at subway today. It was good. I had a beef sandwich." Just something simple. I keep it because I forget things and I also want future generations to know about me.
    -Love

4. Silver Sparrow

I've been keeping a journal on and off throughout my life. Currently, I've forgotten for the past few days, but I've been writing consistently for the past few months. Keeping a journal has been fairly helpful for me-I can look back on how I was feeling or what I was doing on a certain day. Writing in my journal before I go to sleep (my usual routine) also helps me sleep if I have something on my mind-I put it down on paper, so I'm not thinking about it any more.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anais Nin was good at it. I suck, so I write sometimes, then destroy all evidence.

I want to avoid future generations finding out about my sandwich secrets.

6. Glowing Eyes

Sort of. I always throw all my entries away after a certain period of time due to fear of people finding them and have just started writing them in German just in case. Most of my entries these days are of ideas for things which I don't throw away.

7. Jackie13

Journal? Oh my yes, of course! I've kept a journal ever since I was 11. By now I have a dozen old journals at least stored away under lock and key. When my current one gets full, I have fun picking out and buying a new one. My journals are my way of processing. An important conversation with a friend? A fun trip or event? A life-changing experience? Learning something new about myself or about the world? A decision to make? I write about it in my journal, think it through, and write down my thoughts, emotions, and plans. For much of my life, my journaling was the only thing that kept me sane when I was under incredible stress and pressure.

I don't journal nearly every day. I might journal 3 days in a row, and then I skip a week or a month or longer. Basically, I journal when I need to process something. And since journaling is my way of processing, few weeks go by that I don't write at least once in it. Reading the old ones is interesting. They provide a timeline of my life. They also show to me how much I've changed and grown. If you are like me, you can despair of ever growing as a person, or changing for the better. Change happens so slowly that often I can't see how much I've grown or matured or learned until I read my words from a year or two ago. That gives me fresh courage to keep going.

Keep calm and journal on! :icon_wink

8. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've tried to keep a diary/journal at several previous points in my life, but I've never been very successful and I've never kept it at an important time. Since I really came to terms with being trans in March, I've started doing some form of personal writing (not necessarily about recent events, so I hesitate to call it a journal) at least once a month, often more. My new year's resolution will be to keep a weekly journal or vlog, as I regret not having a better record of other times in my life.

9. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've kept a diary on-and-off throughout my life. It's pretty strange: there's been times when I've written every day, religiously, for a year or more; but also times when I've tried to write a diary but kept forgetting about it. I'm not doing one at the moment but I might try again soon.

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope

I used to keep a journal/diary when I was younger than 11 or 10 and even then it was rare. For what it's worth, I remember one of my last diary entries was a drawing of myself throwing schoolbags (mine and other students' bags) up in the air and a speech bubble containing the word 'yeah' because it was the holidays. I don't remember exactly what I wrote under it but it was only a few sentences and maybe in a code language for some weird reason

11. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to write in a diary because my mom gave it just to write down my feelings since I used to have a bad temper. I don't write it as much as I used to as I never got the time to write down in it and also have no point to anyway.