1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by skittleALY, Dec 20, 2016.

1. skittleALY

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Update: it's been two hours since I texted and no response :icon_sad: I'm guessing I'm being ghosted - I don't know if that or a simple no stinks more.

I just feel really downhearted now, I don't live in an area with a gay community so I have no idea where to actually meet anyone and it's really hard to meet someone on an app (heck this one took me two years). I don't know what to do now :frowning2:

2. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just take a few deep breaths. It could be that she's at work or her phone died or something. :slight_smile: Try to get your mind off of it for now--watch a show, play a game, whatever--and wait another day or two to see if she responds. I definitely have some family and friends that are verrrrry slow to respond to text messages.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. It's really hard to find women to date regardless of where you look considering so many ghost/ignore you :/

4. skittleALY

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you everyone for all of your responses and help throughout this whole thread. I was really excited, albeit nervous, to go on my first date with a girl and even more excited when I found myself attracted to her. I was really hoping for at least a chance to see if this could go somewhere, but she never wrote me back yesterday after I texted her.

I'm a little hurt there was no response (I think the polite thing to do would be to at least let me know that you weren't interested), and I guess am feeling a little hopeless now. Granted, I'm back where I was a week ago before we started talking but I guess connecting with her gave me hope that I could find someone. It's been really hard as I actually have no friends in my life, let alone know anyone that is gay.

Is it wrong that I've been considering going for my masters at a college in a big city, just so that I can live where there is a chance that I can meet someone??

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sorry to hear that. At first I thought she might be busy, but it wouldn't take long to answer an important question. I could understand if she didn't feel like making chit chat for now, but why ignore something important?

I think this is a common experience of dating women, sadly. I've had it happen before too.

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're right that it would be the polite thing to do to at least respond... and yet they don't. All those seemingly nice people just lose their voices when they have to let you down easily. It's happened to me so many times... most recently last week!

To be charitable to them, they just don't know what to say. So they procrastinate. Forever. They just don't understand how much silence hurts. Sorry for you about that.

Regarding the masters, getting my M.A. was the best educational experience I ever had. And a great social one too. Your reasons and reasoning are good. I'd go for it.

7. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You put in the effort, that's good! That's really all that matters. If she says yes, great! If not, you can always meet someone else! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2016 at 03:09 PM ----------

I just read this, a little late. Sorry you didn't get a response. That's happened to me before too. It's not wrong to choose where to go just so you can meet someone, as long as you do what makes you happy. Then, if you go there and don't meet someone, try not to be too sad. (*hug*)