1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My old bestfriend came back into my life and so did my love for him. But he has a gf!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GrayAkashi, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: My old bestfriend came back into my life and so did my love for him. But he has a

Actually, that's exactly the kind of joke we were discussing which you could use to advance/explore your agenda with him. I'm sure you didn't want to say anything because you weren't alone with him, but that would have been a great opportunity for you to ask him in a serious tone EXACTLY what he meant by being his "Miki". Then, depending on his reaction, you could play it off as a joke or, if he continued to play it up, you could actually start acting like his boyfriend. If he objected to your acting as his boyfriend at that point, you could always say that you were just taking your cues from what he said. Plus, when you left and he hugged you, you could have asked for a kiss (as his 'Miki"). You probably wouldn't have gotten one, but it would be all about setting the stage for you in the future.

Also, what do you think he meant when he corrected you and insisted that you call his gf his 'girlfriend' and not his 'woman'?

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

#21 Quantumreality, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Re: My old bestfriend came back into my life and so did my love for him. But he has a

Can I use the joke Miki in like messages? I wilk use it in real life too, but could I like write him jokingly: Hey how are you Miki? Or something?

Well the way I wrote you can't see. But there is a nice word for a woman in my language and a more jokingly mean one. I used the second one because in my town we have that kind of speech. I don't know exactly how to explain. Ugh xD sorry.
    So he probably said that because he prefers to have his gf called like it is. A girlfriend, than that word I used.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hey GrayAkashi,

Sure, maybe using "Miki" in a text would be a cool way to go about it. You could perhaps even sign a text message with something like "yours, Miki" and see how he responds to that.
    That actually seems like a really good idea because if he continues to play that game, you could use it directly with him the next time you see him.

I think I understand on your translation of the use of the noun "woman." You speak Serbo-Croatian, right? I speak some Serbo-Croatian and I think I know what you mean. No problem.

Take Care and stay strong!:slight_smile:

4. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Close enough!
    I speak slovenian language. :grin:
    But yeah we have a nice word and a not so nice one.

Anyway I really hope he wasn't mad I used the other one, because we use it as a joke too. Tho it seemed like he took it as a joke as well.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ah, Slovenian, of course. Sorry, my mistake. (At least I didn't say Slovakian! :grin:)

But I think I know what you mean by a nicer and a not so complimentary word for woman. Was your use of that word one of those emotionally driven, unplanned outbursts that I talked about? Fortunately, it sounds like he didn't take it badly.

6. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

No no. It wasn't an outburst. It was a genuine joke. And we use that word a lot anyway. It didn't seem like he did.

I really hope I get to the bottom of al this soon because I can't even relax and do my work or watch a movie. I even didn't do a graphic design job I had to and my friend was offering me money for it. That's how bad I feel

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

O.K. Cool.

I understand your frustration, but just try to keep in mind that this situation may not have a quick resolution.

8. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

UPDATE 3

Soo two days ago me and this friends went home together with the same ride and talked a bit. We were both feeling kinda bad.

But that day we also chatted on messenger and we cam to this topic randomly, where I said jokingly
    -Women
    My friend: Yea but without them, world would be a pain in the ass. Literally.
    And I replied jokingly and it just came out of me: Yea but some of us like it in the ass xD

I dont know why. I just wrote it and sent it.
    But he just passed it by. He didn't reply anything to it, just wrote something about other thing we were talking about.

I thought a tiny joke would be cool thing to drop hints but it seems he either ignored it or didn't get it.

Ok so another joke was me sending him a picture of two guys doing it. XD it was on 9gag dont worry and I sent it to plenty of people, not only him.
    Anyway the joke was: when friend gives you a ride and asks ASS OR GAS but you broke af.

But he actually did joke around this and said. So? Ass or gas? And I just jokingly replied. He later said that because I gave him a ride and he's broke. I need to give it to him xD again this all just seemed like a harmless joke.

Ok and yesterday, we met up for an hour, because I had work to do. And we went to sit in our attic on couch. He brought wine, we drank it, joked a lot and talked. But in between all this he put his hand on my knee and started gently rubbing it and massaging. It was strange but I liked it. He didn't do it long but still.

9. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Cool GrayAkashi,

It sounds like you're sending him loud signals. As I said before, I think you will have to be patient. He seems unwilling to admit that he might have romantic feelings for you (whether it's because he is in denial or just deeply in the closet - and hence, perhaps, the reason he has a girlfriend), so it is likely to take time for him to find it within himself to open up to you. (Of course, there is no guarantee that he ever will.) But at least he is continuing to interact 'normally' with you and the hand on your knee thing sounds like an interesting step forward. Was he drunk when he did that?

10. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Oh and one thing I forgot.

We had a small argument before I went home. Well it wasn't an argument exactly, but I wanted to stay with him for a bit longer because he was waiting for a ride home. Ofc I didn't want to leave him alone.
    And he just tried to brush me off and said I should go home and stuff. I did and I was sad.

But later that night he wrote me he is sorry he was like that. That he just wanted me to finish the work I had to do and didn't try to derail me from it.

I told him it wouldn't be a problem waiting with him and that I care a lot for him. And he replied that he cares a lot for me too and that's why he wanted me to do the work.
    We said later that no harsh feelings and its fine now

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2017 at 04:05 AM ----------

We weren't really drunk. Maybe boozed a tiny bit. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: we did drink some wine so of course haha

11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hey GrayAkashi,

Cool, then. I was just asking because, of course, people tend to lose inhibitions when they are drinking. If he's acting the way you've described when he's sober or mostly sober, that seems like a pretty good sign.

Sounds like you just need to keep driving on with the plan...:grin:

12. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

UPDATE

Over the past few weeks my friend and I have been texting a lot again and he's still saying jokes about me being his sex slave. I don't know how I feel about that, since I never had jokes lile this with any other guy friends of mine. It just feels out of character for him. He never joked like this with any other friends.

Anyway today we also saw each other. I was having a really bad day, was crying, college got me down, my job, my future, everything.

And he came looking for me with a car and we drove off on a hill in our town. He said he wanted to get us a good view. And we sat in the car talking for over 2 hours. I told him my problems and everything and he was really supportive. He calmed down.

He also mentiones his problems, like how he thought his girlfriend was pregnant because their condom broke. So there's that... and that he would like me to call his grilfriend like that, girlfriend and not that other slavic word for woman.

But also when we were in the car he put his hand on my leg and started rubbing me with his thumb. It was like what a guy usually does to girl.
    Then we hugged and it was an intense hug. When I tried to let go he held me and said something along the lines: if you hug for more then 20 seconds you release hormons of happiness. Lol. So we hugged really long and when finished he still kept his hand around my shoulder and he rubbed my chest and stomach. Ofc over my clothes.

During one part he even put his hand on my face and said I'm beautiful.

Well he definitely has sex with his girlfriend, but still... That part when we hugged and everything was so intense. Never have I ever had anything with other guy friends even when they had deep conversations with me. This is just weird.

And through the whole thing he also kept saying I should tell him anything else if I have it on my mind. Like he wanted me to tell or he knew I was gay. I told him all the problems and he was still pushing like: tell me whats still bothering you. I know it is.