1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Paths

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaden216, Dec 18, 2016.

1. HighQualityLog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I currently am studying biology - ecology to be specific. I plan to apply to park ranger school or training. The idea of using my knowledge of the natural world to be of service to the community is something I would love. However, I am still a freshman in college; not everything is certain to me. Another career path that I am considering is going into graduate work and working as a faculty member at community college. Again, my plans and ideals could very well change.

2. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't remember what I wanted to do when I was a kid, I think I wanted to be a chef. but right now I'm training to become a certified fitness trainer. I also have gone to school on and off to be a psychologist. I would love to be a criminal psychologist and a personal trainer.

3. timo

I studied urbanism in university, so I'm all ready to design neighbourhoods and public spaces, and making the world a bit more pretty.

I currently work for Europe's biggest online fashion store, and my job is coaching people to become better in their job, and to make sure our customers are satisfied with the service "my people" are giving them. Couldn't be further away from what I studied :grin:

I plan to quit this job somewhere in 2017, move to another country (or back to the Netherlands), and see what job I can find there.

4. Sealgirl19

Anything but customer service

5. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always wanted to be a soldier.
    it still hasn't changed. if my health was good, I'd join the army long ago. (fun fact: I've actually tried, but they have rejected me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) at least my bf is a soldier. :grin:
    I have particularly wanted to join the signal corps, but it's rather impossible because I'm hard of hearing in a way that is very hard to be improved with hearing aids. so I'm rather a hopeless case :lol:
    instead, I have found a job in a train building factory where I am one of the workers responsible for the wiring. and I must admit I love this job to death.

6. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanted to be an actor when i was a kid. Then i wanted to be a lawyer, then i wanted to run for a political office.
    Im currently a wine consultant at a beverage company

7. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd really like to be an astronaut.
    But of course, there is a pretty slim chance of me actually getting what I want...
    But imma try anyway.

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to study maths at university, that's a definite. I've no idea what I could do after that . One of my teachers wants me to be an engineer but I'm not sure.

9. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanna be member of a bands crew for a few years or so..
    As a child I never thought about jobs at all, by now I'm a student with experiences of working in my hometowns archive and thinking about studying Music Business one day.

#29 Amdukias, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  10. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All the standard little boy dream jobs: fighter pilot, astronaut, monster truck driver...

Went to UTI in Phoenix to be a truck and heavy equipment mechanic, did that off and on for a few years... still technically do it ever now and than at work. Got my CDL because you need it to be a truck mechanic and now have more driving experience than wrenching.

However even being trade skill focused, I did work in home health care for a couple years. Delivering and servicing home oxygen equipment, which I needed a CDL for because liquid Oxygen is considered a hazmat commodity. It was one of the most rewarding and miserable jobs I have ever had.

11. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now, I really want to work on one of those Great Lake cargo boats, like the one below. Then I could work on the water. The boat in the picture is the Paul R Tregurtha

Attached Files:

12. Wolfwing

I want to enlist in the US Air Force and become a pilot

13. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Years ago I wanted to be a vet because I love animals and wanted to help them in any way I could. Recently in my English class we've been doing these career paths. I thought it was pointless because I thought I knew what I wanted. After some research I'm stuck on being either a vet, a shelter animal care technician, or writer. I'm leaning on being a shelter animal care technician and just write as a passion.

14. Lamoure

As a kid I wanted to be an archeologist, but nowadays I'm more interested in Psychology, not the only one here, as it seems :wink: