1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring out who I really am.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WhiteWinter, Dec 17, 2016.

1. WhiteWinter

Hey guys, it's me winter. It's been a while since I've been on here but that's because of personal issues. Anyways, my friends and I were talking about our futures so I began thinking. I don't really want a sexual relationship with others. I just see it as pointless sometimes. I mean sure I would maybe want to pursue a relationship and mayyyybe get married and adopt little children but I don't really want to have sexual relations with my partner. Also, i don't really understand love towards others than family so I don't quite understand it. I took a quiz and it was tied between 2 options.
    One is aromantic and asexual: I don't fall in love nor do I enjoy and want relations
    Two is romantic but asexual: I might fall in love and marry and have a great relationship but I'm not into sex. Which one sounds more fitting to my description? Also is it normal to be gay and one of the two I named?

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you can see yourself pursuing a romantic relationship, then being homoromantic and asexual would suit you. Note that "homoromantic" would mean that you are gay, but not necessarily sexually attracted to men.

If you're sure that you're gay then you can't be aromantic and asexual, as that would mean that you don't feel romantic OR sexual attraction towards any gender.

3. WhiteWinter

After searching up on what homoromantic means, I guess it makes sense in my case. But how do I know that this isn't some sort of phase (not wanting sex and all)?

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, how long have you been feeling like this? If you have only felt like this for some weeks them it's probably just a phase. But if you've felt like this for years/all your life then it's likely to be more of a permanent thing. Also, has anything happened to you (eg. a traumatic experience) that would affect your sex drive? Because external/environmental factors that aren't too significant shouldn't affect your sexuality so drastically as to remove sexual attraction altogether.

5. WhiteWinter

Well I've never felt comfortable when talking about sex, even thinking of myself having sex in the future makes me uncomfortable. And there was this thing that happened years ago that scarred me in some way. Also, there wasn't anything that happened recently that made me think these thinks, but made me look into these thoughts that I've been thinking for so long.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess homoromantic asexual could work.

There could be varied reasons why you don't want sex and those can be fixed if you want them to be fixed. But it's not mandatory and you can live life without sex.

I don't want nor like sex all that much either, same with relationships. I mean, I'm technically not aro or ace, but I've lost all interest in that sort of thing.

7. WhiteWinter

i understand now. Thank you guys for helping understand :slight_smile:. Homoromantic asexual. I wonder how I'm gonna explain to my friends what that is XD

8. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No problem, I'm glad we could help. As for explaining your sexuality to your friends, I agree that it can be tricky haha. I usually call myself bisexual for the sake of simplicity, though if you wanted me to describe my actual sexuality I would need to write an entire paragraph about it, it's that complicated. :lol: When interacting with people who don't know much about the LGBT community, I'd just call myself gay if I were you. It keeps things simple.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2016 at 09:28 PM ----------

Then again I'm personally quite lazy. If you're willing to explain your sexuality in full then go ahead!