1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice from genderfluid/queer or FtM ppl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellis irl, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ellis irl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey
    I need advice.
    I hate my body. I have average to wide set hips, and thick thighs. My butt is really, really prominent in the idea that people have commented on it. I don't really have that much of a stomach which makes my boobs look bigger. I think my real bra size is a 32B but I am in between a A and B. How do I make myself look less girly and more like a boy/ neutral? (binding tips? and other ideas for clothes and stuff)
    Thank you so much(*hug*)

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Loose clothing is your best friend. Buy shirts that are a size or two bigger, and I recommend the unisex/male cut in terms of shirts, because they're not as form fitting.

3. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have much the same problem with my chest, here's my advice on binding:
    If you can afford to, buy a professional binder. If you can't, there are only resources where you can request a free binder. If you're accepted, they'll send one to your address (usually in a discreet package if your parents don't know).
    If you feel you can't wait the month(s) the shipping on a free binder would take, there's a couple of alternatives: You can make you own. If you have a pair of pantyhose, you can cut the legs off and cut a whole in the crotch. Put it on upside down, and it will help flatten your chest. Another method I known (the one I myself use) is to layer sports bras. If you have one that's a size small, this works better. Just put on a normal sports bra, then put the smaller one on backwards. You may have to adjust yourself to avoid the uniboob. I personally use 3, 2 on properly and 1 on backwards.
    You have to be very careful, regardless of what you choose. Loose clothes really are a good friend here, but if you use a homemade binder/sports bras, you'll want to wear a shirt without a dipping neckline (it'll be visible otherwise). Be sure to only wear the bindings for 8 hours at a time (12 at max) and if you're at a con or somewhere where you want to do as much as possible, take 10-15 minute breaks where you take off the bindings. Always wear a sports bras underneath a binder, and try to keep some baby powder on you, so that you can prevent chafing under the binding. Hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to just ask, I'll be checking this thread continually in case you need anything.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With clothing, go a little bit bigger than what you wear. Just avoid anything overly bulky or you'll be drowning in it. With hiding your curves or hips, I found that cargo pants and hoodies helped me quite a bit.

As for binding, seek out a professional binder. Tape and bandages are unsafe and you can hurt yourself badly with them. This also applies for strapless binders and those $5 ones you can find on ebay. With brands GC2B and Underworks are generally the more affordable and popular among those who bind (and I love them). but if you don't have a lot of money, as Rebel said, there are cheap or free binder programs that can help you out.

5. confusedtree

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Most people have already said what I was going to say, but I agree with them. Baggy shirts hide curves well, and for me, I just use two sports bras to bind. Sweatshirts are my best friends (No joke, I don't have many human friends). Good luck!

6. ellis irl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you everyone so much

7. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    130% agree on the cargo pants thing. they're super comfy and given as they're looser around the ankle, it kind of straightens/makes the lower body more of a rectangular shape. I have wide hips and they've really helped. I usually wear skinny jeans and i NEVER pass unless I'm wearing cargo pants haha. not to mention lot of pockets and extra comfort

8. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my experience, there are a few things you can do.

Obviously, for the chest thing, a binder works very well but make sure that you get the right size and never put it on too tight. If you can't afford one or can't get one, there are places you can go where you may be able to get a free binder. When all else fails, like others said, loose clothing is your best friend. I love loose t-shirts and sweatshirts.

For pants, loose pants would work best for your shape. Once again like others have said - cargo pants are perfect and comfy.

Best wishes <3

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds like you have a similar body type to me!

Binding and loose clothes are good, but shapes and colours are also going to be your friend. Long, vertical lines will make you look longer versus drawing the eye across you; so straight leg pants/jeans that fit well can disguise your hips/butt. If you aren't binding, lines across your chest will draw attention, but I've found that if you are binding that's kinda a good thing (emphasizes that you're flat chested!). Dark colours make things look smaller, light colours make things look bigger.