1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from this 43 year old lesbian

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Starlite, Dec 15, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :welcome:

You've come to a great place, everyone here is quite supportive. Keep posting and reading what others have been writing. Lots of us are in similar situations.

Counselling and lgbt groups and meetups have really helped me progress. It does seem like lots of the support is out there for younger folks but try checking your local LGBT centre, there may be support out there that's not advertised very well. One avenue you might not think of is LGBT friendly religious organisations. There may be support groups attached to them (there is in my city).

2. Luana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I thought about talking to a counselor, especially after a women told me too...haha My living situation would not allow a counselor. I have not had to deal with others, I was single at the time. Being a single person my attitude is take care of yourself and then deal with your mate. Do find someone you trust and can talk to honestly.

3. sfine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm so happy to read your post! I hear you. I am nearly where you are, out to my kids and not knowing what to do now. this is the first day I have been here. Hang in there, and don't give up

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the EC dear, I've only been out as a lesbian for the last year. It's quite the rollercoaster when you finally realise it, but at the same time, it's nice to start to understand yourself more. :slight_smile:

5. NYCer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey fellow older lesbians, how do you find people date? I've tried online dating sites (**********, ***) with not much luck. Any tips appreciated!

6. latenlife lez

welcome- you are in the right group-- I am 42 and came out to myself in at 40 some friends at 41 and my family by 42-- the world will have to hold on- for a bit longer- the process takes time

So throw all your questions at us- listen to ours- and comment away!

7. stretching

Hi there! I just turned 40 and only came out to myself in the last year or so. I am married to a man and have kids and am only out to one real life person. This group is so helpful in that you don't need to feel so alone... there are others pike us out there! All the best to you on your journey .

8. Luana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So Christmas week went great and we are smitten with each other with the next schedule meetup will be in February. Keep moving forward! It is worth it!

9. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry late to the convo.
    Welcome and you will find a lot of similarities among others here.