1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Making Friends" Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IceCream, Dec 15, 2016.

1. tornwings

All of you seem so friendly :slight_smile:. My name is Claire, and I am a very awkward 14 year old panromantic/pansexual girl.
    Some random facts about me:
    -I am a mediocre piano player.
    -I have ADD.
    -I am an avid writer, reader, and daydreamer.
    -I am an INFP.
    -I have pink hair.
    -I am a cat enthusiast.
    -I saw in some of the previous posts on this thread that some of you like anime. I am also a huge anime fan.
    -Some of the animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Naruto, Death Note, Black Butler, Yuri!!! on Ice, Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist.
    -I am apart of other fandoms too such as Supernatural, Stranger Things, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Gravity Falls, Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments series.
    -I am obsessed with psychology and sociology.
    -I am a Ravenclaw.
    -I LOVE Twenty One Pilots.
    Please feel free to message me anytime!! I'd love it :slight_smile:.

2. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey!! I'm pd04, I joined last year but took basically a year off, haha. I like reading as well. My life involves work, going to the gym, and my baby which is my 5 year old puppy .

3. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure what the requirements are for PMing but you can also post a wall message on my profile instead if you want, or you can wait to PM. Anyway feel free to message me about philosophy (or about anything else really!) at anytime. :icon_bigg

4. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, since my roommate and I apparently have the impulse control of 3-year-olds, we went and bought our Pokemon games and started playing today. :lol: The conversation went something like this:

Roommate: I don't want to wait until Christmas to play these!
    Me: Me neither, let's open them now.

So, yeah, I've been playing for most of the afternoon and evening. :icon_bigg My team so far is Litten, Pikpek, Wingull, Meowth, Makuhita, and Magneton. It's soooo awesome so far! :grin:

Cat enthusiast? Naruto? Fullmetal Alchemist? Gravity Falls? Psychology??

I think you and I are going to be good friends! :grin: Do you have any kitties at home? Who's your favorite characters in Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Gravity Falls? Are you interested in pursuing psychology as a career?

5. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm planning on starting with yoga and going from there really. I have anxiety, and yoga is supposed to be good for that. I would like to start running one day too, I know all you have to do is go outside but I'm too self-conscious! :lol: zumba is my idea of hell haha.

I love her radioactive cover! She's very skilled.

Looking forward to the review :icon_wink

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 06:11 PM ----------

Hi Claire! :welcome:

what do you write about?

I'll have to check out some of the anime you listed! If you had to pick a favourite, which one would it be?

Woo doctor who and sherlock! I can't wait for the new years' sherlock! who's your favourite doctor? :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 06:12 PM ----------

Hey there!

What book are you reading at the moment? : )

6. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 06:12 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Hey there!

What book are you reading at the moment? : )[/QUOTE]

Right now I'm reading a book called "Uninvited" it's not really my style because it's pretty religious but someone got it for me and I heard it was good so why not.
    What are you reading right now?

7. tornwings

Wow, thank you guys so much for being so welcoming and kind to me! And to answer your first question-- I do have a cat at home, but she doesn't really act like a cat at all, and not really like anything else either. She's really weird.
    And my favorite character in Naruto is Gaara (actually one of my favorite characters of all time), my favorite character in FMA is Roy Mustang, and my favorite character in Gravity Falls is Mabel, of course (such a ray of sunshine).
    I am considering being a psychologist when I'm older, although I'd also love to be an artist of some kind (whether poetry or writing, theatre arts, visual arts, etc).
    I tend to write about anything but nonfiction or realistic fiction. I find the normal world too mundane to be passionate about.
    I can't wait for the new season of Sherlock, too!!! And my favorite doctor is probably the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant. I love the way he portrays the character.
    :slight_smile:

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So are you a fantasy writer? Just curious.

I also love psychology :wink:

9. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That makes sense, yoga is pretty slow and it really soothes emotions and tension. I tried yoga a few times, and I remember how nice it felt to be in such a peaceful state of mind. Having said that, I couldn't get myself to stay calm enough to keep doing all those slow movements, not without an end goal... I'm not trying it again. :lol: As for running, I totally get that. I would feel weird running into someone that I knew in person. When I run I feel like everybody knows me even if most of them don't, it's weird. Also I find that running lacks variation, so I get quite impatient when doing it. I suppose running could help to clear my mind and organise my thoughts... But so does kickboxing haha. And don't even get me started on zumba. Just no.

She really is skilled. I'm listening to her music right now, and I love how she is able to combine her violin playing with all kinds of music, from soundtrack to hip hop to dubstep. It's fantastic.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 11:33 PM ----------

Great, another writer! It's great to have so many of these around here. I agree that the non-fictional world can be quite mundane at times, which is why I prefer to write fantasy/fiction novels. What sorts of things do you write about?

You also have many similar interests to me. I like Stranger Things, Doctor Who and Sherlock. I'm a retired anime fan, but Naruto stands out to me because it actually got me through some rough patches in my life. And yes, Gaara is an excellent character. Attack on Titan was the other big anime/manga that I was into, and I'm still keeping up with the manga... albeit with difficulty. It has been taking a rather interesting turn lately. Also I can't leave out Death Note, that series was awesome.

10. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a mediocre piano player too! As well as an INFP. I want to be a psychologist too. We might be the same person (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

11. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gaara is awesome! :grin: Talking about Naruto reminds me that I still have to finish reading that series. :lol: Roy Mustang is my favorite, too! He's just so cool! And, yes, Mabel is amazing. :icon_wink

I wish I had the skills to be an artist! My fine motor skills aren't quite suited to the arts, but I have been able to find creative outlets using technology (creating websites and such). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:grin:

12. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Psychology is amazing! I'm going to school to be a criminal psychologist.

13. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm reading "After Me Comes The Flood", I'm only a couple of chapters in but enjoying it so far. It's quite Gothic, which is a genre I don't read very often.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:34 AM ----------

That's fair enough, it's not for everyone. Zumba is supposed to be fun, or so I've heard, but I'm so bad at it that it just makes me miserable haha.

Yeah the variation is incredible- I've just seen that she put a new album out this year *runs to listen to it*

14. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow! Criminal psychologist? Is it similar to a profiler or BAU?

Hey, everyone! I am Lisa, will turn 32 next year.
    I used to watch anime in my school days, but now, not really. I still watch TV shows regularly from comedies (Frasier, Black-ish, Modern Family) to sci-fi (Black Mirror) to police procedural (Criminal Minds, Mentalist).

15. tornwings

Once again, thank you all for being so kind :grin:!
    Creativemind- Definitely! Fantasy and sci-fi are actually my two favorite genres to write about. What about you? And I'm glad I found another psychology nerd!
    AnAtypicalGuy- Yeah, there do seem to be a lot of writers here :slight_smile:! I wonder why that is. And I love to write about anything involving fantasy or magic. It's such an escape from how boring life can be. I am about a quarter through the Attack on Titan manga (it's reaaallllyyy long though), and it's so intense already!! I'm interested to see how things could take a twist even further. Who's your favorite character so far?
    AuroraBorealis- That's awesome!! We may as well be the same person. What area of psychology are you interested in?
    Kaden216- I haven't read the Naruto manga yet, but my sister has and she says it's awesome! I will have to start reading soon. What sort of websites do you create? And I'd say that really any expression of yourself counts as art, it doesn't have to be any of ways I mentioned--there are so many more forms art can take :slight_smile:.
    pd04- That's SO COOL!!! You know, my brother's girlfriend is actually in school to be a criminal psychologist too, and she says that even the training is really interesting. Any other areas of psychology you're interested in :slight_smile:?

16. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I switch it up a bit personally. I have two major stories, one is a fantasy with made up races (although they draw inspiration from existing fantasy species) and the other one I write actually is a realistic fiction. However, my realistic fiction novel combines my interest in psychology as it is actually about a very mentally ill character. I tend to find most realistic fiction books boring as well, but I grew a fondness for mine after I made it to explore a psychological drama/thriller genre.

17. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I haven't created any websites for a while now... it was mostly back when I was in undergrad. Projects for classes and things like that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Nowadays, I'm too busy working to do much like that, although I have been tossing around the idea of making a website for my job. I'm an elementary school counselor, and I would love to make a website for parents with links to resources and such. Maybe next summer I'll work on that. :wink:

I do create a lot of worksheets on Word to use in my guidance lessons, so I guess I get to let my creative juices flow when I do that. :lol: The computer makes it so easy to line things up and put in cool pictures. Like you said, it's just a different way of being creative!

18. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You guys have probably seen me around, but I'm the sites official emo trash
    IIIIITTTTTSSSSS CRRRRROOOOSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYY
    I like Pokemon, anime, and bands.
    I am a genderfluid bisexual panromantic trash heap :grin:

19. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello fellow Pokemon fan!

20. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey fam
    So I was playing Pokemon X the other day and was trading and I found a level 100 shiny rayquaza that they said I could have for a trubbish
    A fuckin trubbish