1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I should maybe come out to my sister..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Unicorn100, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Unicorn100

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. First time posting here, not completely sure how this all works and such yet.

Anyways, I kind of want to come out to one of my sisters. She has a gay best friend, but she also believes being gay is a sin. She has also stated a couple times that she thinks I don't like guys.
    I'm not sure if I should come out to her. Like next time if she suggests I'm not straight, if I should just like kind tell her I'm not.

2. Betteandtina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A lot of people sometimes are not as "accepting" of the LGBTQ communities until they learn that they are really close to someone that is a part of it. I came out to a really conservative friend that changed her views completely on the LGBTQ community because she was finally exposed and learned.
    Also don't feel the need to come out unless you are 100% ready. It is a very nerve wracking thing to do, but I know you will feel better once you do it. Hopefully your sister will still love you and support you in every way

3. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don ´t get how can she have a gay best friend but she thinks being gay is a sin? Isn´t her gay friend alarmed by that? :O

anyway :wink: if you think she would be hateful or maybe that she would tell other people who are not accepting of the gay community I would say that you shouldn´t tell her :/

instead, if you want to come out.. try telling someone who you trust and know that they will accept you :wink: maybe you can ask questions like: "hey, what do you think about gay people...?" etc :wink: that way, you will find out which people are more likely to be accepting :wink:)

also, you don´t own your sister anything :wink: if she suggest you are not straight you can lie if you don´t want to come out just yet :wink: it´s okay if you don ´t want to come out and it´s okay to not tell her truth...she has no right to drag answer about your orientation from you...it´s only up to you whom you will tell and when you will tell them :wink:) people shouldn´t be forced to come out and they don´t have to if they don´t want to :wink:

I wish you luck :slight_smile:

4. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my parents when they basically suggested I don't like guys. It was freaking terrible, I do not suggest it. Especially not in public like I did.