1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your crush/partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Barb, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Barb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I'm a sucker for these stories, I'm curious about how you all met your crushes/significant other.

I myself met my girlfriend at a cosplay meetup for the Danganronpa series. I was a member of a facebook group for Danganronpa fans and when they held a cosplay meetup I decided to go there. I had already seen pictures of this girl on the Facebook page and she seemed like a really nice person. Heck, we even cosplayed the same character!

So when I got to the meet, she was actually feeling really bad and I didn't know what came over me but I HAD to cheer her up in some way so I awkwardly tried to help her out and kept her company. After the meetup I quickly realized I had developed a crush, but thinking I shouldn't take it too seriously, I didn't send her any messages.

However, at the meetup she had told me she really wanted this poster from a magazine I actually owned. I decided to save the poster for her so I could give it to her the next time I'd see her. I saw her again about two months later at an anime convention and when I approached her to give her the poster, she actually didn't recognize me because of the difference in costumes ha!

We ended up talking to eachother and even walking around with eachother a little at each of the three days of the convention and afterwards we talked a lot on Facebook. We eventually told eachother we had developed a crush but it took us about another week to actually tell eachother who it was.

We've been happily together for about 3,5 months now and I sometimes still can not believe she felt the same way haha!

So, what about you guys? Your turn!

2. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met my crush sophomore year when she moved here, but we didn't really get to know each other until last year despite having mutual best friends. We even sat with each other at lunch and never got super close, just slightly friends through junior year. Then senior year, we finally had class together and got to know each other. She's hilarious and our personalities click really well, she helped me through a difficult break up. I started to develop a crush on her around last Dec. So I've liked her for around a year, but she has a girlfriend and I don't want to be that person.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A dating app. We've been talking for almost two months now. We're now officially boyfriend and boyfriend. I was surprised to learn we have a lot in common and share similar struggles. He's a theater guy and after about 2 weeks of online talking, I met him in person after he performed in a musical. He asked me on a date the same day the Cubs won the world series. I thought that was a pretty cute way to ask me out. :slight_smile:

And yea, things just picked up from there. I've met some of his friends, he's met some of my friends, we have a pretty strong connection. He's a pretty great guy and I'm happy to have met him :slight_smile: I honestly am happy to have met a guy who's easy to talk to, very understanding, interested in an emotional connection, and just genuinely fun to be around.

#3 Skaros, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my husband in a gay bar--I was there with an ex-boyfriend. We're coming up on 19 years.

5. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met my boyfriend through an online forum a few years ago, and I met him in-person almost two years ago after having known him for about four. We've been together since we met in-person. :slight_smile: Fortunately he lives about a 45 minute/hour plane ride away, so we get to see each other pretty often for a ldr.

6. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my girlfriend about three years ago at a football game where our high schools were playing each other for the first game of the season and we were both in the marching band. She's a year younger than me so she was a freshman and I was a sophomore and we played the same instrument. Something happened and she ended up grabbing my butt and we exchanged tumblr urls and became friends. At every band event where both of our bands were performing we made a point to find each other and catch up a little bit. Now, she goes to college a few hours away from me and we've been together for a little over a year :slight_smile:

7. TheSeeker

I was at a Federal Training at a training center on the East coast (magical place; think "Hogwarts for park rangers") and there was a cute boy sitting in the front of the class that I kept catching myself staring at. Couldn't tell if he was straight, gay or otherwise but I was VERY distracted. That night after a Q&A session with some bigwigs in the main hall (and several glasses of wine) I plopped down on the couch next to him and just started hitting on him. I don't usually have the confidence or spine to do this, but I was feeling unusually frisky and fatalistic I suppose. Turns out he had been staring at a cute boy in class all day too. Me!

One thing led to another and we ended up back in his room in the lodge... This scenario then repeated itself throughout the week. Indoors, outdoors, elevators... Pretty much anytime we had a break.

Fast forward to now and we are stationed in the same area, have a dog, and I get to meet his parents next week for Christmas. He's the love of my life and I still can't stop staring.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on a dating website. I really just wanted to survive a date and not fall on my face, since I'd just come out and started trying to date. Instead of falling on my face I fell in love, and that was 2.5 years ago

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We met on a dating site. I didn't think it would work but if you fish through the weirdos it is possible. We had our 1 year anniversary a couple months ago

10. marceloween

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My boyfriend and I have a kind of "How I Met Your Mother" story.

I remember him coming one day to my school 7 years ago when we where about 10, and I remembered his name but not his full appearance.

Two years later at 12 he crashed at my generation graduation party (tho we don't remember seeing each other).

After some years we landed on the same high school, and we met at a party of a friend in common in first semester. Months passed until an emergency phone call brought us together. :kiss: (*hug*)

11. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funnily enough, we're in the same class!
    The first week of school I had a crush on him. He's trans. And just a few days ago I wrote him a note telling him I liked him. Apparently he felt the same way! Just today, we started dating. He grabbed my face because I was blushing, and he was blushing slightly, too. He said the sweetest thing, "Your face is hot. From the blushing and your appearance." this was also in my favorite teachers class, he's kina like the drunk uncle of a family, and he was leering in the background chanting in a batman voice "They finally did it. Kiss already!"

12. Thrakk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw my current crush in a class we were taking. I found him cute and turned and looked at him a few times. After that he started sitting next to me before each class for some reason. Then we started to talk and became friends. I don't know if he likes me or even his orientation. I guess I'll find out in time.

13. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my wife at a Halloween party. Immediately obsessed with her. I'm a naturally chatty person, but I couldn't get a word out with her hahaha. Butterflies and chest pains lol. Took me a whole 8 months (of painnnnn) to ask her out. Turned out she had been crushing on me the entire time too !!!