1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sebby45, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there,

So...I have only played part of a video game once in my life (at a classmate's place). It was years ago, and it was Final Fantasy X. I had a blast, and I've always wanted to delve into video gaming since then. Since then I've only done some MMORPG stuff like Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Anyway, can anybody suggest the best (and most affordable) way to get into video gaming? I am really interested in playing more Final Fantasy, but am not sure of what system to get, memory cards, etc.

Any tips would be most welcome. :icon_bigg

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you like MMORPG games, then I think building a PC would be your best bet. I don't know what your budget is, but in the long run, I do believe it'd be more worth the money. But, if you're wanting to go cheaper, the new consoles (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) are pretty cheap now that newer models are being released. They don't give you as much freedom as a PC does but for starting out, you can't go wrong with them. But, if you're also interested in multiplayer MMORPG's, they tend to last longer on PC than on consoles. I know PC and PlayStation has a ton of Final Fantasy games, not too sure on Xbox because I don't use it often.

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Valkari,

I am more interested in delving further into Final Fantasy then MMORPG's. However, I know that is a dead end once I finish them all! :lol:

I'll check out the consoles you mentioned. I do however want to build a PC one day.

Well, one thing at a time.

4. Lazuri

If you want an affordable way to game, I recommend PS3. It's old by now, yeah, but that also means it's cheap and has a massive library of games that is also cheap. There's three Final Fantasy games available for it, I believe several older ones are also available from the PSstore as digital copies and there's also a lot of other JRPGs that are similar to FF on the console, I'd recommend Ni No Kuni and the Valkyria Chronicles franchise.

5. TheMudcrab

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If/when you want to build a pc, pcpartpicker is a great way to get an idea of how much you are going to need. Look at the system requirements for the games you would like to play, then choose parts that will give you what you need.