1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Years Resolutions, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IceCream, Dec 12, 2016.

1. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Might be a tad early for a thread about this, seeing as we haven't even had Christmas yet, but hey I plan ahead...

I usually don't bother with NYR but this year I have one, and I'm going to stick to it, dammit!

So, here I am posting to a bunch of strangers for a bit of accountability:

By this time next year, I will be fit! No more getting winded running up the stairs! I finally have a job, and enough money to be able to join the gym, so 2017 will be the year of "IceCream looking totally fit and making everyone swoon" *not exaggerated at all*

How about you guys? We could keep each other accountable and stuff? :smilewave

2. Joelouis

I've never made a NYR but if I had to, then it would be to work less. I really don't do it for the money, but I like to see a job out and I get so much satisfaction seeing something I've done and making a good job of it.

#2 Joelouis, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  3. Xochipilli

I hope the improved fitness goal goes well. :thumbsup:

My resolution is to start paying into my retirement plan. I said I was going to do it when I first became employed and 4.5 years later I still haven't done it. I could have had a nice chunk of change in there by now, but all those numbers... :eusa_doh:

4. Sealgirl19

Prolly to leave this city I'm in. Bonus if I get an girlfriend in the process. The more pressing one is too get myself in the right mental mindset and volunteer more.

5. Cedar

My goals are to try getting into a local belly dancing class and to get my driver's license. I've been saying that I'll get my driver's license at some point for years now, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it or not.

6. Sealgirl19

The drivers license thing is so me. I really need to push myself to drive.

7. Astrocyte

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To come out to my friends. :slight_smile:

8. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't really had one for a few years, I just normally don't keep up with them.

9. iiimee

Look more like the man I am.

10. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Probably to be nicer to myself.

11. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably to get better grades because I'm failing multiple classes right now.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My New Year's Resolution is to completely give up smoking. The date I've mentally set is January 3rd. Only because I'm obsessed with the number 3. So, yeah, here's hoping I can actually stick to this :eusa_doh:

13. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This will be my first time having any New Years Resolutions. And I actually have three, one of which I've already started, that is, learning a language. Another is to tell my Dad I'm trans(probably the hardest), as well as the basic get fit thing. I am seriously committed to all three, though I'll have to work up an insane amount of courage for the second one, which is why I'm gonna wait until the end of February when I move in with him. Yay for resolutions!

14. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't make NYRs but I will share my plans. I want to become fluent in the german language. I've made half-assed attempts at learning it since I was a teenager. Now I'm going to utilize a lot of tools and practice every day

German is my fave language and one of my best friends speaks german (and english, thankfully XD), so it's a great choice

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last NYR to come out ended horridly, so I think I may tone it down this time.

Honestly though, I haven't thought about it. I guess it would be to continue in my fitness endeavors, go to uni, work on my social skills, and get a job. But these are general goals anyway - I don't see the point in ascribing a certain day for them.

The way I see it, if you aren't willing to do it today, you won't be willing to do it tomorrow.

16. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My NYR is to get back into shape. A few years ago, I weighed about 120 pounds, when out of no where, I put on a whopping 50 pounds (weighing 170 lbs). I gained like 10 pounds each month. I also found out that I have Pseudotumor cerebri, which is somehow related to weight gain. A lot of the weight was water/fluid. My health declined a lot. Weighing 170 pounds while only being 5'2'' is not a good thing.

When I gained weight, I became very depressed and ashamed because I had never been that big. My mother and a few others think that either the Gardasil vaccine or the Yaz birth control contributed to me getting Pseudotumor cerebri, since I wasn't eating more than usual. I just recently started losing the weight because I had stomach surgery in August. I had 3 stomach ulcers that weren't responding to medication, so my doctor decided that I needed to have them cut out. He removed 90% of my stomach (only getting two of the ulcers, but the last one isn't that big). I basically had a gastric sleeve performed, but not for weight loss. My insurance was iffy about me having it done since by BMI was only 31, and you have to have a BMI of at least 35 to even be considered for the procedure (most people who get the surgery have a BMI of over 40). But, my insurance decided to approve me for the surgery since my ulcers weren't getting better. My doctor is almost certain that I got the ulcers from taking aspirin for my migraines, which were caused by the Pseudotumor. (It's like a messed up chain of events... @_@)

So anyway, since the surgery, I'm not able to eat like a normal person. I've been losing weight rapidly, and I now weigh 122 pounds (22.3 BMI). A few years ago, I was in pretty good shape, but gaining all that weight and having it on my body for over two years has taken a toll. So now I'm trying to get back into shape. I'm able to run again, thank goodness. My goal is to be 115 by April or May. :slight_smile: (It's funny that I didn't have the surgery for weight loss, but I lost weight anyway, haha. XD)

Since I've lost the weight, my Pseudotumor is in slight remission. It's weird how Pseudotumor can cause weight gain, but you have to lose weight in order to make it get better. So messed up... :confused:

Another NYR is to finally move out of my mom's house. I'm 25 and I've been ready to leave since age 16, but I haven't had much luck. I'm also going to college. :slight_smile:

#16 Anthemic, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  17. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would like to lose about 20 pounds of fat and gain some muscle. I lost 28 pounds in 2016 so hopefully I can lose the next 20. I've been at a plateau for awhile now so I need to try harder, I'm 190lbs now and I would be so so happy to weigh around 170lbs. Just need to cut out the junk.

18. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much everyone's resolution, but I would like to buy some weights and work out more.

19. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I will start keeping a journal every week because I regret not having a better record of my life and emotions from when I was younger. Last March I started doing some form of personal writing at least once a month and that's been really good, so I want to expand that. I might keep a video journal instead of a written one, though.

I wish I could make a resolution like "come out to my mum" or "start testosterone", but I don't know when I'll be ready to do the former and I don't know when the NHS will be ready to let me do the latter.

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My resolution is always to make no New Years resolutions. Not very ambitious, but I have done a good job of keeping this type of resolution! :lol: