1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

Is there anyone who is not a fan of crushes?

Personally I'm not a fan of them and how they build a wall of insecurity or uncertainly for the person you are experiencing feelings for. Recently I've avoid them like the plague but since being out of the relationship game for a couple of years I've notice them coming to me lately. I want to know what's your stance on crushes and how do you feel about them.

2. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dislike crushing on someone. I have a crush on someone currently and it's quite annoying. I mean, maybe I should feel happy that I have feelings for another person that are so intense. But no, it just means whenever I talk to her I get nervous and usually run out of things to say. Also the emotions feel like a hindrance. There's no real good that come out of them and it's like I'm being bogged down.

I've only had one other crush in the past and that one was a bit different. I could talk to him albeit I acted like a total jerk at times. Thankfully he ended up leaving my life and yet even then I had emotions that lingered afterwards.

All in all I find crushes annoying and inconvenient. I just want to be friends with people, nothing more. And yet for the second time I've failed, miserably.

(Also loving the MM avatar OP.)

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hate them too, luckily It's been two years since my last one

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a crush (well it feels more than that) and it sucks. Life is simpler without them. Although there are moments when they can make you feel better. It's complicated. :tears:

5. Sealgirl19

I hate the complexity of them especially if you have no direct contact with that person. You can't tell how someone feels about you through a screen which is worse.

6. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really I miss having them. It's been years since I had a proper crush and I think this is because I'm pretty shy and definitely awkward talking to people one on one and I've never let myself feel comfortable enough around anyone to get to know them properly or risk feeling more for them than they do for me. I do have one friend who I've known for years and in some ways I do fancy her, but I'd never let it get beyond that initial stage. Probably a good thing since she's like 95% in to guys. I think I just don't know enough lesbian/bi girls?

7. Sealgirl19

Same here. I it's hard for me to find many who aren't already in a relationship. Plus I'm a but awkwar myself.

8. Georgia111

Hate them. I had this really intense crush on this straight girl for a VERY long time and it killed me !!

9. iiimee

I don't like them, mostly because I don't feel as if I deserve to have them... Some of my crushes liked me back, some didn't, but regardless it has always felt like I am at war with myself whenever I have a crush. Currently, I believe there is a VERY high chance that the person I find intriguing likes me back, but it's just a process of keeping my cool and seeing how things go. I almost feel like they shouldn't find me interesting or attractive in the slightest, but it seems that there might be something mutual between us... maybe. So, for now, I am just trying to focus on my studies and enjoy the ride.

10. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like have crushes, either. The only problem is, that for the first time I have a crush. Never thought this would happen :bang:

11. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haaate them. It's awful. My face goes tomato red around them, I stutter, I'm quiet, and it's so easy to pick up on my feelings it's awful.

Thank goodness it takes quite a bit for me to fall for someone, but when I do I fall hard and I hate that part the most.

12. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find them really awkward, and knowing that they probably won't like me back just makes it sad. However, my crushes are usually shallow and don't last that long, so I just wait it out.

13. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get the feeling that this thread is going to turn out to be just a long rant about crushes... Oh well, I might as well chime in.

I find them quite inconvenient. They're irrational and inhibiting, and I hate the lack of control that comes out of them. Luckily I don't get crushes often, and if the person that I'm crushing on turns out to be rotten, I immediately lose interest in them.

14. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would like to have more, to be honest, because I'd at least have a shot at a relationship.

I'm extremely picky, and if you don't fit my criteria, I'm not gonna develop any feelings for you. However, every time I did have a crush, it was one-sided, which is crushing.

I know crushes can be dangerous, but I'd prefer to risk it instead of having none and feeling like I'll never be in a relationship.

15. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Story of my life. The End.

16. eMei

Getting rejected by a crush it the worst though. It's essentially having your heart torn out and stomped on by someone you like so much.

17. tonymorning

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    do you mean crush on someone is not good? it just is personal feelings and no right to say it is good or bad. Crushing is very normal activity in life.

18. Sealgirl19

Just the general feeling. I know it's normal but it's inconvenient.

19. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't mind crushes, I just hate the pain when they clearly don't like you back lol