1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom knows

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MouthofMadness7, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MouthofMadness7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was with my mom in the car and i told my mom i'm trans. She had a rather negative reaction by saying "I personally think you're not MTF, you're just confused. You began thinking like this when you were molested. " I told her I only wanted to do HRT cause the thought getting snipped terrifies me. She said "I don't WANT you looking up transgenderism. It will not be allowed on my household." I'm so depressed because my own mother doesn't want me being female. I failed her...:icon_sad:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey MouthofMadness7,

I'm not trans, but I feel for you.

First, though, you are NOT letting your mother down. You are who you are. You'd only be letting her down if you live a miserable life NOT being who you really are.

Second, perhaps if you went to counseling with a qualified therapist, that could help convince her that you are absolutely serious about being MtF. You could possibly even get her to agree to professional counseling under the guise that maybe 'they' could 'fix' you. If you make sure that you end up with a certified therapist, they will quickly discover the reality and ultimately be a voice that echoes your reality to your mom.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I second everything that Quantumreality wrote.

You seem to have a considerable amount of guilt for your situation... I know this is easier said than done but please don't feel guilty for this. The one at fault is your mother for not being accepting; it's unfair for her to claim that you are letting her down just by trying to be yourself.

If you think it's possible to try and educate your mum into changing her way of thinking, then I encourage you to give that a try. Provided that it won't be too risky, it's always worth a shot. If she refuses to change, then unfortunately all you can do is keep yourself together, and hold on until you're independent from your mother. I'm in a bit of a tight spot myself, and I've found that the best thing to do is to wait it out until I'm out of the house and have more freedom. You're eighteen so if worse comes to worst, you hopefully won't have to wait for too long.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no you did not! as a parent of a kid your age, i can tell you that a parent should, must accept their child no matter their gender, sexuality etc. if they want to claim the title of parent.

you are who you are and no one can change that, not you and not your mom. (*hug*)

5. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What it looks like to me is that your mother is failing you, not the other way around.

I'm not sure if she's actually scared, or just Transphobic(hates trans people).

6. MouthofMadness7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for all the suppprt. I really appreciate it. I realized that it's not my fault on she feels. I will try my best to convince her that this is not some "phase". If she doesn't support me, so be it, atleast have friends and Empty Closets to support me.

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) I know how you feel, my mother made me feel the same way. Like I let her down, disappointed her. We didn't disappoint our mothers, we have a treatable birth defect that we'll fix one day. :slight_smile:

8. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my brother seems to try to make me feel like I owe him or something just because he nammed me. This makes me occasionally resent him.

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2016 at 09:33 AM ----------

If i have biological kids some day, I am NOT letting the older one name the younger one.