1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need a little advice.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am in college, and I thought I would be able to put the falling for a straight guy thing behind, and I was mostly right. I have a crush on my roommate, and it's all sorts of problems. First of all he has a girlfriend, so even if he possibly had feelings for me he's a little busy being taken. Second, he's kind of a mess in the fact that he tells me a lot that he does not think he's straight, but he is very confused on that and I have come very far with accepting myself and my own sexuality that I would not want to get in a relationship with someone that isn't sure who they are. Finally, the most important one I think, he is one of my best friends and I never want to change that.

So basically my issue is I have a crush on my best friend, and I need to get rid of it. I have tried distracting myself with sex with other guys and that didn't work. Then I tried getting into a couple relationships, but they didn't work either. I can't find a person that would replace him in mind.

2. Gay Deputy

Maybe y'all are meant to be? Maybe he's the one for you and you're the one he's supposed to find to help him realize who he truly is. Don't hold it against him just because he's stuck where you once were! You have the perfect opportunity to help him (which friends do) but to also become closer to and learn more about him...his intimate parts that no one else sees of him.