1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another meeting with my counsellor

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nightowl88, Dec 8, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday I had my second meeting with the school counselor about coming out as trans at school. It went great we had to bring in another school counselor who I am more familiar with working with for things and it just made me so happy because for a half an hour I got to be myself and they used my chosen and pronouns and it just made me so happy. One very important thing we discussed was bathrooms. My friend is the only out trans person at school and she decided that for the first year she would use the gender neutral bathroom at the nurses and just recently started using the girls bathroom. Now the nurses is completely out of my way in the elementary wing so I offered a different plan. I don't feel too comfortable with using the men's locker room so I suggested that my gym teacher get notified that I will be running late for gym and I could be allowed to change in the men's bathroom and I will do this for a period of time as I adjust. I am very happy with this plan and I really love m school. It's really small about 250 students in kindergarten through 12th grade and everyone is really accepting so it makes me really happy to be so close to coming out. Only another month. I also just told one of my best friends today.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it looks like things are going great for you! That's awesome to read! :slight_smile:

Keep us updated! :thumbsup:

3. Gay Deputy

That is truly amazing! I'm glad you also realize the importance of the steps they have made for you. You are truly blessed to be surrounded by such a caring group of people. Make sure you give thanks to them. You may even reach out to media and tell your story. This could help others going through the same events that you are and shows that you truly appreciate their efforts! Best of luck on everything! Sounds like you've got it so far!

4. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you have the best school ever!!

It is just awesome :icon_bigg:thumbsup: