1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age did you experience your first same-sex attraction?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    first crush at age 10, first acknowledged and recognized crush at 12, didn't figure it out till age 14.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2017 at 07:11 PM ----------

first crush at 10, first acknowledged crush at 12, didn't figure it out till 14.

2. lovetoomuch

I think my first hint was actually 1st grade (so I was 6?). I distinctly remember staring at this guy's underwear and having no clue why I was staring.

I don't remember any experiences after that until sixth grade, so I was about 11. I had a crush my first crush on a guy and I was definitely in denial I was gay (or maybe didn't even know what gay was at the time). Funny enough I still think that guy is good looking - haha.

3. Raziel00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was 11 I started to kinda date this boy in my class. We would always make out at his house but neither of us knew what it meant at the time. I actually thought all the other boys in my class were weird because they would always talk about dating girls and I just couldn't understand why they would want to do that and not date each other.

4. spirit2112

Hints at around 11, attraction at 13. :slight_smile:

5. datboi

my age was 14 when I had a crush on a guy at church

6. Zwergpinscher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think my first little hint of a crush on a girl was maybe at 5 or 6? My first real crush was probably around 10th grade.

7. Jelipop

My very first was when I was 5-6 years old, and it took place in kindergarten. I remember admiring this girl and I grew very fond of her and I began to be very touchy-feely with her. Then I left to go to a catholic private school and I assumed I was straight from first to ninth grade and at that time I've only ever had crushes on female celebs and fictional characters.

Then once I reached public school, it hit me all at once. Kind of fell in love with my best friend and we were very flirty with each other, it took me 3 years to fully get over her. Oh, I was 15 when I had my first crush on anyone ever (a girl) and I was in denial for like a year until I finally accepted my orientation in 11th grade.

8. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Looking back I was pretty young, probably no more that 10. Although I didn't know I was attracted to them back then. There were a few boys I found cute, and I liked them because they were cute. I may have even gotten aroused being around them, but I thought nothing of it at the time.

9. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I consider myself to be confused about my sexuality (or bisexual), but I noticed that I had same-sex attraction when I was 11. By the time I was 14, that is when I started to notice it more. When I was like 15, 16, or 17, that is when I began to accept my same-sex feelings. But I've also noticed feelings towards the opposite sex.

10. SquidTripper

7 I think. I had the biggest crush on my babysitter. It was ridiculous. I never thought it was weird or wrong but I did figure out quickly that I had to keep it to myself. Till I came out at 14, that is.

11. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, since when I was younger, I never really realised that you could be anything else than straight... I would say, that I only had a same sex attraction about 3 years back.

When I look back, however, I realise that I was always more interested in what girls were doing etc.
    I really can't tell :icon_redf

12. Reizii

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember I was really feminine when I was little, and I also recall telling my mom that I felt like I should've been born as a girl. My mom didn't care, and I eventually grew out of it (for lack of a better term). However, recently I realized that I've had to both boys and girls all of my life.

13. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Had my first same sex crush when I was around 13 or 14. It was really awkward because I was in a straight relationship at that time and didn't understand why am I feeling so for a girl !

I was completely aware of my sexuality when I was 16 but in complete denial. I was in the process of accepting my orientation from the age of 19. And now, at the age of 24, I understand and accept myself as I'm. :slight_smile:

14. foxaquatica

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always liked girls, but I guess I first consciously noticed it when I had my first real kiss - with a boy. His sister was also having her first kiss, with my male best friend at the same time, we were 12. Through the entire make-out session, I was more focused on her and what her lips were doing to my best friends than on the kiss I was having, I was imagining I was kissing her instead of her brother.

I'm 21 next month, and that was almost 10 years ago now. I've only accepted that I was actually gay this year, I started accepting that I liked girls when I was about 14, but back then a 'Bisexual trend' had swept my school, so I told no-one because I thought they'd think I was just trying to be cool and I assumed I was bisexual, because I couldn't fathom that I didn't like boys - even though I didn't, I had just lied to myself that I did. At that age I was barely learning the full extent of sexuality.

I labelled myself as a bisexual from the ages 14-18, then when i was 18 I heard about Pansexuality and it's vague description that Pansexuals onyl care about personality, not gender. And I thought 'Perfect! That's what it is, I just like girls more because they're nicer!' But i still knew deep down it didn't feel right.

at the age of 20, I'd say last May, I finally got angry at myself for calling myself something I wasn't, for forcing a label on myself. and that's when I stopped to look at the bigger picture. My crushes were always on girls, guys were attractive, but not really Hot, in the best terms.

Since then I've finally accepted myself as gay and started ot be myself more and insert myself into the community more, something I never did when I labelled myself as Bi and Pan.

15. Gay GenderFluid

Out Status:
    All but family
    my first crush was a girl at age 12. I was bi, and she was straight. Now, I'm panromantic asexual as well as a genderfluid demiboy, and he's a demisexual trans boy. Who would have thought.

16. IronyIsMySkill

Out Status:
    A few people
  17. raviolii

14, though to be fair ive only had four crushes my life, two of which are girls two are boys. the boys were a long time ago tho

18. nyahlove

19. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't remember the first time I was attracted to the female sex. I do remember feeling something while watching Goodbye Lenin! with my dad when a Pamela Anderson snippet showed up. I was 10 or 11 back then. God, I'm so old now.

#99 Weregild, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  20. L0ser

At age 15 I fell in love with a dude, which was really confusing! I went from thinking I was gay to straight to gay and back for a few weeks until after obsessively thinking about it and doing light research, afraid I'd confirm my feelings weren't a one time thing, I found the word bisexual. It applied to me so perfectly, and I remember it was like 2AM and I felt like crying because from that moment I knew in my heart what I was, and it was worrying.

It took me nearly a year to fully accept it. A few months after my revelation I stopped obsessing over it, but still couldn't accept it wholly and even could barely say it out loud.