1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age did you experience your first same-sex attraction?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By 4 or 5 I knew I was different and felt attraction to male and female. Ten years old I had my first same sex attraction and some experiences.

2. guitar

Looking back now, I had little crushes and likes with guys starting around probably age 10. I first became somewhat aware around age 12-13, but it took me another decade to really begin to accept it

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    11. I fully accepted it by the time I was 17

4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really young maybe around 5 but I didn't realize what was really going on until around 12-13, Then I buried it down deep until my early 20s.

5. sardonichook

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Many of the pretend play scenarios I privately acted out from six to eight could be viewed as somewhat homoerotic, although the most solid affirmation of my sexuality was developing a raging crush on one of my female classmates at around twelve.

6. mattni

I accepted my bisexuality at 13, and 14 (right now) I'm going through my first same-sex love (never really fell in love before so that's a double).

7. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    11, but didn't realize until 16, which was a year after knowing I liked guys.

It was a guy who was 2 years older than me in my yearbook. He's now in my class. Didn't even realize it's the same guy until like a month later.

8. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe 12 or 13. I was confused about my sexuality for many years after that point though, oscillating between straight, bi, gay... came to terms with and felt that bisexuality was the most accurate (or, as close as I can get.)

9. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    13 or 14.

19 maybe?

10. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Know I was different but didn't understand the difference until 15? just hid and almost ok with it now at 44 :frowning2:

11. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. Labelfree

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 9/10 when I had my first proper snog kiss and it was with my best friend. We were role playing and she was the guy while I was the woman, but I always remember she wasn't as into it as I was and when I got the kiss I wanted to do it again. I thought for years I enjoyed that experience because I liked the kissing thing rather then the girl thing. I had crushes on men in real life and female celebs. I dated and had relationships with men but a few times over the years I had the odd drunken female kiss and once even ended up in bed with my boss who had a mad crush on me but I was terrified as I didn't know what to do. I'm now +40 and in a relationship with a woman, but it took me a long time to get here.

13. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I guess my first one that I recognized as same-sex attraction was probably around age 11? But began to accept it at around age 14, and still trying to figure things out now but I definitely accept myself way more.

14. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I felt my first crush at 11, and although I had some slight feelings before then, it never really registered until that moment. I did worry about “turning” gay because I didn’t understand homosexuality, and I was worried about catching “the gay” lol. That was more based on general ignorance and misinformation rather than suspecting myself of being gay for actual solid reasons.

The idea of getting with a guy never interested me, but I thought that was normal and people just got together because that’s what people do, except those “weird homosexuals” who hide in the shadows and “turn” people. I never really heard much about gay people since I just watched cartoons really, and the only time I would see anything on the gay community it was always negative (think the YouTube comments section…yeah). :eusa_doh:

I can’t believe how stupid I was. I ignored the fact I had a crush for about a year, kept convincing myself she was trying to turn me and get me to be “evil” or that I was just imagining things or it was just admiration, sometimes in an odd sort of way I hated her, but never seriously. I was annoyed at myself, kept feeling like I’d failed as a person somehow.

It was only really when I hit 14 that I came to the realisation I might be gay, after starting to question myself at 12 and a bit/13 years old. At 16 was when I accepted myself properly, before then it was more “I’m gay but I don’t want to be, but I guess I’ll deal with it” type acceptance, but when I hit 16 and got outed by my ex-friends, I decided to give up caring and just own it, you know?

Recently I question it sometimes, and it’s started to dawn on me that the way I feel might never change. I mean, I already knew that but it never really sunk in before. I’m almost a woman. AHHHHH. And you know, I’m actually ok with that. :confused: I think.

15. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd always kind of been curious about other boys but didn't realize I wasn't straight until I discovered the Kinsey scale around age 14 or 15. I tried to fight it until 26, and when I finally gave myself permission to think about guys, well, the rest is history.

16. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Age 12. I was attracted to women before that age though, I just didn't realize that I was experiencing attraction, rather than admiration.

17. AvaMayBeGayva

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I was 8 or 9 I played house with a girl in my grade and we played parents. She was very sure about her sexuality even at that young age and I didn't really think anything of it at the time but we would kiss when we played (as parents do). Looking back now, I think she made me start looking at girls differently but it's been repressed for a while. It just came back into light about 3 years ago, when I entered the drama department at my high school. Seeing so many open members of LGBTQ+ really sent back all those feelings.

18. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aw, nobody else had a stupid epiphany like me! Well, here you go guys, get ready for:

"The Reason IceCream Can No Longer Watch Gangnam Style"

-Youtube informs me that this video came out in 2012, meaning that I had my epiphany at 14-

*feels very old*

So, I'm round a friend's house for Halloween and the video for Gangnam Style comes on and I go, "guys, look at this pretty girl!" (it's either the girl at 2:11 or 3:11, idk... wow it's been years since I've since that video because PAINFUL ASSOCIATION)

And my friend says something along the lines of "Okaaaaaaay IceCream..."

And internally I was all like "huh? why is it weird to find a girl pretty?"

And then we get a little muddled by the fact that this happened years ago, because in my head that thought was immediately followed by a light bulb moment, and this:

"Am I gay?"

"Am I?"

"AM I???????????" *screaming*

*repeat for at least a year*

I can't say why exactly it was THAT interaction that triggered months of questioning my sexuality, but hey, it gives me a tale to tell. I'd say I was around 15/16 when I accepted I was a lesbian. Guys just didn't interest me, though I had gone to an all girl's school...

*arrives at sixth form college, age 16*

"La lee lee, I know my sexuality!"

*sits down in politics*

*glances at boy next to me*

"...HANG ON A SWEET MINUTE"

Seriously though, thankfully by that time I was much more comfortable with who I was, and I identified as bisexual without any of the old angst. If I had to guess, I'd say I was roughly 60/40 (girls/guys) but then that seems to change depending on who I'm crushing on :lol:

19. ASMALLCATATEME

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had my first crush in 2nd grade. I began to know i was a lesbian when i was 10. I was young.

20. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At about 9 or 10 I noticed women were attractive, but I took it as admiration. At 14, I saw my first teeny-bikini clad celebrity and noticed something happening.... downstairs.... lol. It was Salma Hayek. Oft. Still my fave movie :grin:

I accepted I was gay at 19, but didn't fully accept and like myself until maybe mid-20s, when I met my wife!