1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone wear pronoun jewellery?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hats, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My partner and I spent a happy couple of hours this weekend making a pronoun necklace for me to wear in safe spaces, so that I can experiment a bit with my pronouns in real life, but also so I can adjust them as appropriate. Does anyone else here wear pronoun jewellery?

2. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a pronoun bracelet that I adore! People don't notice it too much, but it makes me feel cool and confident. Pronoun jewelry is the bomb

3. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not currently. I like the idea of it but I have yet to decide what I want to use. Right now I am not really out to many people so it would be weird if they were the only people using my pronouns. Also not sure if I want to use they/them/their all the time or switch between all three types of pronouns depending on what gender I am that day(aka She/her/hers, He/his/him, They/them/their).

4. Delta

I have a very subtle pronoun ring. It's a black silicone band with a groove in the middle and several colored bands that fit into the groove and give the ring a colored middle stripe. I'm fluid through a lot of genders so I like to have all those options to choose from so I can communicate a little more nuance.
    [​IMG]

I haven't told a lot of people what it means, only my significant other and a couple close friends. And even then I haven't really enforced it or corrected people, so right now it doesn't make a difference. When I get more confidence and start asking people to actually pay attention to it, the pronoun ring may someday do something.

I still enjoy having it. It's more my style than other, flashier pronoun jewelry, and I can wear it even while working with my hands without fear of getting hurt by it in an accident. I also don't fancy the vulnerability of having my pronoun jewelry recognizable to less accepting human beings, so full words are a no-go for me. It's just honestly nice to recognize my own fluidity and to have a way to express how I'm feeling even if my gender presentation hasn't changed or isn't indicative. :slight_smile: