1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you ever accused of being gay before realizing you actually are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes,
    When I was doing my apprenticeship, the leading hand was gay and he mention to my boss, he thought I was a closeted gay, at the time I was in a relationship with a girl, but the leading hand was correct I was closeted and I am gay, it just took me a while to realise it!
    So it proves there is a gaydar

2. sardonichook

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definitely. The reason behind it was somewhat amorphous, so I assume it was just typical adolescent mockery. I did gravitate toward more boyish hobbies, though, and my voice is relatively deep. I guess those proclivities could account for it.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quite, and also for the few years I knew but I remained in the closet.

I still continue to deny today, from the very same fear that has always held me back, though I've at least dropped the denial.

4. Choisya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People definitely suspected it when I was younger just because when I was young I had short hair and liked 'boy things', I also have two older brother so I used to act quite a bit like them. Now that I'm older though everyone says they can't actually tell until I tell them.

5. mattni

I had internet friends that I would always make gay jokes to before I realized I was bisexual (yes, I know, it was wrong of me to do that, but I was immature at the time and didn't identify myself yet). One time they just blew up and pelted me with questions about my sexuality and started to deny everything I said about being straight. Then I started questioning my sexuality. Of course you can imagine what they said after I came out to them.

6. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was accused of being a lesbian when my friend who is pansexual came out accidentally to some guys at a lunch table in seventh grade. We were talking about Kate Upton and it was so awkward that I laughed too loud and was then accused of being a lesbian? (Doesn't make a lot of sense) I knew then I was gay but my friend had no idea and wouldn't until a few months later. They defended me and went back to a different conversation. I'm not a lesbian but those boys were right... (They probably still don't know two years later but that's just because they never ask me. I don't hide anything.)

7. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not gay, but a few suspected that I was "non-straight," that something about me was different. I'd get mocked sometimes, but who knows if the "insult" had a specific connotation associated with it. Friends would arbitrarily bring up the topic of sexuality sometimes or randomly talk about some guys' (and girls') appearances to see if it would provoke me at all.

8. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was called a homo and girly many times in primary school because I was a good pupil and couldn't do sports. I'm not sure if it was just regular old-style bullying or they actually knew something about me that I didn't know back then.

9. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since about my mid-teens I've always felt the need to defend things that most people saw as easy targets. That said, I was fiercely defensive of gay rights in particular and sometimes I'd end up lashing out or in tears whenever family members said something not so accepting. My brother took to insinuating that I was obviously a lesbian whenever this happened and though I strenuously denied it for years...and then less strenuously denied it for more years, I kind of realised in the end that he was right.

10. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also began to be aware of my homosexuality in year 7 but I only came out in year 11. Apparently, many people from my school year were saying that I am so "gay". :/ I guess that they knew before I knew! XD They are so supportive and kind now that I came out to them though. :slight_smile:

11. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Not that I knew of.

12. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was called gay and f#g by many...never knew true meaning back in the day. .....maybe they saw something

13. wildteenager

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear a lot of rumors about me in high school waaaaay before i realised i liked girls lol
    They were saying how weird i was and wondering why i was always single even though i was pretty ( that's what they were saying)
    Turned out i was single because i prefered women...

14. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in middle school, I had a wonderful best friend that I thought about a lot. I even wrote really sappy poetry about her (I believe one poem was titled "Angel of My Life"). My mom tentatively tried to ask me about why I thought about this girl so much--I think she was trying to hint that maybe I felt more than friendship--but I TOTALLY did not get it (did not even understand that "not straight" was an option at the time) and innocently replied that it was because this girl was my best friend. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that friend was my first love. :lol: My mom still seemed a bit surprised when I came out later!

15. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. I'm a woman but I was a very masculine acting child (refused to wear dresses and played with power rangers), plus I had no interest in boys past puberty.

16. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like I should have been accused, but nope. I was kind of a tomboy growing up after all. But then again I was also interested in boys... I have been accused of being a lesbian once in my life, but at that time I already had a girlfriend, and our inability to be discrete affection-wise was why that happened in the first place.

17. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Everyone was extremely surprised when I came out as bi as a young teen, because I had been quite religious, conservative, reserved, "pure"...

However, when I was just beginning to come out as bi, I drew this symbol on my hand: [​IMG] A friend of mine saw it and asked about it, and I tried to pass it off as just a doodle. She went home and looked it up, and the next day she said it was a symbol for being transgender, and was I trans?

At the time I didn't yet know I was trans, so I said no, I was bi. Now I look back on it and, well, I'm not saying she called it but she totally called it.