1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you ever accused of being gay before realizing you actually are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. TigerStripes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody accused me with any sincerity.

I did get some male flirts before I had figured myself out, but they were at furry cons, where one is presumed gay until proven straight.

2. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all actually...I think it was a huge shock to everyone,but I think people started questioning if I was a lesbian after I was in a relationship(it was a secret between us) with a girl for a year, and I started being more open about my attraction to women...which of course gave them a reason to question

3. guitar

It's a moment I'll never forget. I'm sure a kid told me "stop acting gay" or something like that, but this moment really kind of stopped me dead my tracks. I was in grade eight (13 or so), and my teacher gave this really wonderful and quite progressive talk about how it's okay to be gay, statistically 3-4 of you in the class probably are gay, and there's nothing wrong with you. You can be gay and live a fulfilling life, etc.

I guess I had this look about me when she was talking because my "girlfriend" [you know what dating is like at that age, that awkward tween dating] came up to me after and said "you were the only one in the class with that look on your face. You're gay aren't you?" I was kind of stunned, but outright denied it. Funny in hindsight how she saw then what it took me another decade to really come to terms with and truly piece together.

Funnily enough, when I started coming out, friends and family members told me that they suspected something was up. "I know you dated girls, so I wasn't too sure if you were, but I've long said I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Sure enough!"

#23 guitar, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  4. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, happened once when I was a kid. Can't recall the incident though or what led up to it.

5. PrettyinPunk

Well I'm bisexual but I was once questioned (not accused) of being gay. A family friend, (who I'm pretty sure liked me himself) asked me if I was gay because we had spent a lot of time together but he never saw me with a boyfriend. This was awhile back before I realized I was demi and way before I figured out I was bi.

Nobody, to my knowledge, has ever accused me of being bi. I wish they would:tears:

6. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Where I come from people only call boys gay if they don't act like society wants boys to act.

I don't think any of my class mates were gay... However, I don't think anyone suspected me, so... it literally could be anyone :grin:

7. WhiteWinter

Yup. They used to. Now they don't. Well theyou are not actually because someone has been telling people

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a few people suspected. I was never bullied or insulted or anything like that though

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i remember one person asked me, haha, it was because i pissed them off on being too quiet and not getting into conversations about women. I didn't really care about it at first but, i had a thought about me being gay, came out to be true after all.

10. AfraidandAlone

My mom has asked me multiple times if I'm gay (like men...) when I finally came out as trans to her I kind of joked and said oh I guess I'm technically gay because I still like women.

11. Embi

Embi Guest

In primary school people called me a lesbian because my best friend back then and I used to kiss each other as a greeting. I think they "just" did it to annoy us and not because they actually believed we were lesbians. And I didn't realise I was into women at all until years later.

12. jem17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in intermediate a rumor went around that i was bisexual after i told my "friend" i think i might be but i wasn't attracted to her. i denied it so many times and for nearly a year i was accused of being bi. i have now realized i am ahah.

13. Cinis

Cinis Guest

No not in that sense at least ( but I came out pretty early so...)

The only thing that maybe goes in that direction is everyone calling each other gay as an insult during kindergarten and elementary school. I assume that's not what you mean though.

14. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea... actually. Even as far back as the third grade. Several kids were calling me gay from the third grade until the end of middle school. Didn't know I was gay until the 6th grade.

15. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, because I was never the most masculine guy. There were things I did and ways I walked, talked, etc. that are effeminate.

16. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    multiple times yes. i made a comment on a mans appearance at the age of 13. i thought he was ugly. and so was accused.

a high school friend asked me......twice. the first time was on the way into school whilst he was talking about girls, he recalled that id never once commented on or talked about girls. and the second time when i said that perhaps he shouldnt presume when he said a guy was totally gay.

at these points i just wasnt interested in romance at all, i never thought about it until 6th form.

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some did ad a joke. Jokes on them lol

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm like a Kinsey 4 or 5 so not totally gay, but yes. I was accused by a few people LoL

19. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was accused of being everything in my high school years. Lesbian, gay, boy, girl; you name it.

Mainly, strangers didn't know my gender, so they would guess. Though, I seemed gay either way to them.

People in my class thought I was a lesbian because I was so masculine. Like, it never occurred to them that I never showed any signs of being attracted to girls, while I did show some of being attracted to guys.

As for really being trans, some guys joked about me getting penis surgery when I was in elementary school. I even responded that I would, but I'm scared of surgeries xD

Pretty much everybody knew I was trans before I realized it myself. Pretty sad when you think about it.

20. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For my entire freshman year in high school, everyone assumed both my best friend and I were gay and dating each other. As far as I know he's straight and this was about two years before I realized I actually liked boys.