1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to find a job that involves LGBT

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Asterac22, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Asterac22

Hello,
    I am abit stuck at the moment i really want to get a job that fits within the LGBT community some how, i was thinking along the lines or a counselor of sorts, I am currently attempting to get on an access course and study Social Science then go onto to Uni, but im really not sure what to do, like feel just stuck in limbo at the moment and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or some advice that would be amazing :slight_smile:

2. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you need to find LGBT work? Why can't you find work and bring LGBT to it? If you're looking to contribute to the community, you can do that from almost any job if you give it some thought. A friend of mine started his own health and wellness business and he sponsors LGBT events every chance he gets.

3. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey are u from derby in the UK?

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered researching in your community for a local LGBT center, charity or other similar type of institution and maybe start out by volunteering?

5. Asterac22

Yeah i am from Derby Uk, and ahhhh thats a good idea i will go check out my local center and go from there thats a good idea thanks :slight_smile: