1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's eating me up inside.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robishere, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, for the last year or so, I've had the most intense crush on this guy and I can't seem to get over it, not matter how long we're apart or how hard I try. The other night, he invited me out to do whatever because he wanted to get out of the house. We ended up going to the movies and eating ice cream and the whole time, it was probably just me, but there was this tension between us. Like there was some sort of elephant in the room.
    I've had these feelings for him for over a damn year and after that "dudes night out" like he called it, I have not been able to get him out of my head. Usually, I think of him multiple times a day, but after that night, he's been in here 24/7 and I'm kind of embarrassed to say that during thanksgiving, I gave thanks for him being in my life in my head before eating my food. The first thing I gave thanks for, to be exact.
    How can I get over him? Even though he's done a lot of stuff that make me think he's not, I'm pretty sure he's straight and if he is into boys, he's not into me. I'm so desperate to get him out of my head, but every time I look into or even just think of he's amazing green eyes, I lose it. Also, he invited me to go bike riding tomorrow afternoon, which won't help. I'm just scared that I might let my feeling slip out on accident and I'll lose him as a friend, which will hurt a hell of a lot more than losing him as anything more.

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, do you think he is LGBTQ or straight? If he is LGBTQ, then being honest won't ruin the friendship. Shouldn't anyway but, I know some straights get all weird if someone of the same gender has a crush on them.

Another thing, if you feel the tension, odds are it isn't just one way. If he's the type of person that could be friends with an ex, then go for it, be honest and see what happens.

3. massimo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i had the same problem once it's one of these things that eat you from the inside, if he is not homophobic try to confess to him. (i did and he told me he was straight and i moved on and we're sill best friends)

if you're not sure try to talk to a dear friend about this it will help you feel better.
    the problem from my experience is that glimpses of hope that you want him to be what you need him to be.

if you have the time check my old post.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/166873-someone-talk.html

4. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've already talked to multiple friends about it, they all have different reactions/things to say, but none of them helped. Most of them are girls and they either ended up "fangirling" or just being completely oblivious to my problems and just thought it was a "cute crush" and that it would "go away soon." When I turned to my guy friends, they just had no idea how to respond and kept changing the topic.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2016 at 12:23 AM ----------

Sometimes he does things that make me questions if he is LGBTQ+ or not. He talks about girls sometimes, but then again... he does put his foot on top of mine when we're eating lunch and leaves it there, even after I move mine a bit to make sure he knows that's it my foot. He does talk about sending pictures (yep, you know the kind) to girls on his snapchat, but then he's inviting me to go bike riding around with no destination and when we stop to eat lunch, he buys it for me without asking. I just don't know what to think. He confuses me.