1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling pretty awesome

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just left the tattoo parlour. Got my semicolon tattoo and finished up my other one. All done within 30 minutes. Feeling very happy. I thought the behind the ear semicolon was going to hurt a lot but it was more of a discomfort from the vibrations than anything. Having a nice cold alcohol free beer to celebrate (!) :grin:

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice. :slight_smile: I'd get a tattoo or two myself (I've got a few ideas) but this boy is too broke to do that. :grin:

3. PanPrideLgbt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! I would never get a tattoo, due to the fact that I don't really can't stand them.

4. mattni

Good news! I would totally get a tattoo if you know, I weren't 14 or if they weren't so pricey, OR if my parents tell me it's a waste, but what do they know, right? xD

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happiness is ....

(And even though my parents are super old school and basically against any form of body modifications, they love my semicolon. Maybe it's because it's not "just a tattoo" aaand I gave them fair warning that I was gonna get it done. Thumbs up all 'round. And I got my artist a new client too. She deserves it)

Attached Files:

6. PrettyinPunk

Very nice! :eusa_clap I think the semicolon behind the ear is a more sublte but cool choice. I don't think I could do a tatt in that spot without being strapped down. That's a sensitive spot for me. The little critter is looking awesome. I wonder what statements you'll get from people on that.

Oh I'm so happy your parents like it! Who knows maybe they'll warm up to other things too!

Also I'm glad your feeling happy!:icon_bigg:thumbsup:

7. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks PrettyinPunk :slight_smile:

To be honest, the semicolon didn't hurt at all. I thought it was going to be super painful, but it was more of a discomfort from the vibrations of the machine than painful. And with it being such a simple, small design, I think it was done within a couple minutes, if that long. I think the preparation took longer than the actual tattoo, lol.

The wormy thingy on my ankle is one that I had done as a cover-up on August 20th. The old tattoo was a Chinese dragon symbol, that didn't seem to fit me anymore. The green ink didn't cover the old tattoo completely, so I went for a touch up in the beginning of October. But it still wasn't covered completely, so I spoke to my artist and she suggested we bring some black into it, which I was fine with. So it's not really a new tattoo, more just a "refreshed" version of it, lol. If the old tattoo is still showing through after this time, then I'm just going to leave it be. It's obvious to me since I know what used to be there, but other people don't really see it unless I point it out. So here's hoping that this time it'd be gone completely, lol.

And as far as my parents becoming a bit more liberal about other things, such as my sexuality for example, I'm not holding my breath. They are still very much against it in every way, shape and form and I don't think their views on it will change. They are still of opinion that sexuality is a choice :rolle: Just wait till I bring a girl home. Then they will realize it's real alright and maybe come 'round. We'll see. I don't want to risk losing my only sister over this so might hold off on that for a while longer and really suss out the situation before doing anything drastic. But I would really love to have a girlfriend again :frowning2:

The next big thing I want to do in my life is donate blood. I have no idea what my blood type is and have never donated blood. Never asked them to check when having blood drawn for other tests either. Never crossed my mind to be honest. But I first have to give it some time. I think your tattoos need to be at least 6 months old before they'd allow you to donate blood. And obviously you need to be clear of STDs - which I am, thankfully.

The next major thing I'm going to do in my life other than donating blood, is cutting my hair shorter again and dying the tips purple. I think it's going to look epic. Having that done tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!

8. PrettyinPunk

I'm glad it went smoothly for you! Just thinking about it makes me shiver slightly. How expensive is a tattoo like that? I believe most tattoo artists charge by the hour but if it was so quick to do..

I remember you saying you got it to cover up your old one. I hope it doesn't come through again. The new one looks so bright its crazy to think it'd show through in the first place.

Well even if it's just the tatt it's nice they're on your side this time. People (even if rarely) can change. Maybe one day they will, at least a little. I feel ya, I'd like a girlfriend in general.

Oh I didn't even realize the donating and tattoo issue. I can't donate blood currently either but I'm sure my tattoo will have to be done in stages. So it'll be a very long time before I'll be able to do that.

Sounds awesome!!! I'm going purple tips too, next haircut, which is due very soon.(!)

9. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The semicolon cost me R400 (Roughly $28) and the final touch-up of the ankle tattoo cost me R250 ($18). Gee, it sounds so cheap in dollars, lol. I'm very glad I had it done. There's just one small problem: Now I want MORE tattoos! Lol. But I'm not sure my parents will approve of more ink. It was already a long shot getting the semicolon done, albeit such a small tattoo. But I'm relieved they didn't freak out like they had with the ankle one. Phew!

My hair came out VERY purple. Even though only the ends were dyed, it looks like ALL my hair was dyed. I don't mind at all. Have gotten tons of compliments already, which just adds to my happiness. I'm glad I had it done. First time EVER dying my hair, so had to go BIG, lol.

Attached Files:

10. PrettyinPunk

Haha, that does sound cheap, I know it doesn't compare like that. Still I wished my tattoo would cost that. I have no official estimate but I'm sure it will be at least $600 but more likely $1000+

It's addicting is it? Ah maybe you should go slow and subtle, give them a minute to breath:lol:

Wow! That looks fantastic!:eusa_clap Even if it's not just the tips that looks great! Its a nice shade of purple too. And the cut is also awesome. Your stylist is very talented as well! Conrats on those compliments, definitely deserved.

11. Linkmaste

Nice! Love the ink and hair it looks great. I want to get paw prints done on my feet for my fur brothers and fur baby but the problem is staying out if the water. That and money but paw prints shouldn't be too expensive. I got my tribal butterfly on my back for 60$.

12. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, that sounds very expensive. But you ultimately get what you pay for, so rather spend what seems a bit too much, and know you're getting a quality tattoo, than settle for something half the price, which will probably look cheap too.

It sure as heck is addictive. I know I'm going to eat these words, but I think I'm done with tattoos - for at least a couple years... Lol.

Thanks for the compliment, my hairdresser has known me since birth. She knows my hair, knows what would look good on me and knows what would work. She nearly cried when I showed her a picture of what I want (the style). She said, "You know, this is the second time you've done this to me the last few years. You grow your hair out to a beautiful length then chop it all off again." I just laughed sheepishly. At the end of the day, it's still my decision to make though. The cut and colour cost the same as my two tattoos. But I think it's safe to say it was worth it. She freaked over the tattoo on my ankle, said it's very cute. She has a tattoo on her chest. A rose I think. Very awesome lady. Not sure how old she is, but she must be in her 60s already, because my mom used to get her hair cut at this lady when she was young. But my hairdresser looks very good for her age, whatever it may be. She's a beautiful woman.

Thank you :grin:

Is the paw prints going to be your first tattoo? Just keep in mind that the more bony an area is, the more pain the person experiences with getting a tattoo. I was very lucky that the behind the ear tattoo was pain-free, as it's not only bony but also very sensitive behind the ear. Why do you say it'll be a problem staying out of the water?

13. Linkmaste

Thank you :grin:

Is the paw prints going to be your first tattoo? Just keep in mind that the more bony an area is, the more pain the person experiences with getting a tattoo. I was very lucky that the behind the ear tattoo was pain-free, as it's not only bony but also very sensitive behind the ear. Why do you say it'll be a problem staying out of the water?[/QUOTE]

Nope second. I got my butterfly on my back when I was nineteen. Parents wanted to kill me haha. I'm aware that it will be uncomfortable but feet can be covered pretty well especially on my preferred career.

I swim and I love showers. Water is kinda my comfort and if I have a bad day I can always relax nearby it. I can do it just be a crappy few weeks.

Im also debating on a triforce tattoo in a subtle area. Nothing huge but maybe like you and behind the ear with a red or pink tinge.

Does it itch behind the ear lot?