1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stood up multiple times

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redghost, Nov 22, 2016.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi guys. Quick run down: I have a couple hook up apps and I've been talking to guys on there. Disclaimer? I'm not delusional, I don't plan on meeting Prince Charming or having a "connection" with anyone. I just want to have sex. I didn't think it'd be so hard to find hookups on an app made for hooking up.

Anyway, when I finally get someone to talk to me, swap pics, and start making plans, they ghost! Suddenly stop responding. Last Sunday, I stood out in the cold for thirty minutes before realizing one guy stood me up, and he finally messaged me the next morning with "oh sorry I fell asleep." I started talking to someone tonight, he's real close by, I clean up and ask him for directions, and then no response. Over and over and over. I get to the point where it's finally going to happen, and then they disappear. Literally I could spend a whole day trying to get *someone* and not succeed at all :bang:

I don't know what to do anymore. I have nothing else going on in my life, no friends, no real independence, my plans for the future have been totally dashed, and all I wanted in the very end, was to get some dick. Why is even this so difficult? I've been on these apps for about two months now and haven't gotten anywhere. And don't tell me to just delete them, because I might as well just castrate myself right now or attend one of Mike Pence's conversion therapy camps.

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, sleep happens, that's a legitimate reason for a miss but, a decent person would have apologized then, arranged for another hook up.

As for not getting them to stick once you start making plans, yeah that happens a lot, more than not on those apps.

Safety is also a concern so, some prefer to meet for coffee first, then go someplace more private together, that's a good idea.

You also have to be direct and flat out tell them that if there is something they don't like or trust about you, you want to hear it. Only way you're going to find out why they bail on you.

3. seeking

just an idea... it could be a possibility that they got nervous and disappeared.

I think many people only looking for sex on those apps are also experimenting.

I wouldn't take it personally....some of them might have ditch because now it's a real thing instead of a fantasy...some might have gotten a better proposition...and the other possibility is that they got side-tracked/just duds. More fish in the sea...online hooking up I think fails more times than actually succeeds.

Also it's a risky behavior so most people just like to play into the fantasy of a random hook-up instead of really acting it out.

The reality is...they are probably on their cheating...people only stand someone up if they have something to hide or someone better to bang.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Miami guys tend to be more unreliable than other areas (I am a Miami native). Try spending more time getting to know the guys your chatting with before agreeing to meet. Let the mutual trust and respect build more. And above all, have patience.