1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not important.. just feeling lonely without my child

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Nov 21, 2016.

1. tgboymom

Heyyyyyyyyy....

He's been gone 2 weeks and I'm trying to wean myself off from calling every day. He called for some money last week which was cool because he knows the price he has to pay is a little conversation. LOL He knows I won't refuse.. that isn't it. I mean.. it was the first thing he asked... for some money to get caught up on some bills and right away I said.. "hold on, I'll transfer to your account right now" so he could have got rid of me right away, but he talked to me a bit. :slight_smile:

God I miss him. I had such fun showing him off when he was here getting the surgery. We had those two parties and my husband took us all for a pedicure when Jake was up to it, which was cool because my girl has heard all about my "trans son" for years, but never met him. She hugged him when I introduced him and said she's heard so much about him and was soooooooooo happy to meet him. Jake was all smiles! :slight_smile:

He looks so good. I don't know if it was proper but I told him he looks better now than he did before he started transitioning. He just wasn't taking care of himself as a she but now he's ON it! I just wish he'd get rid of the nose piercing. The snake bites aren't bad.. they are below his perfect lips so they are ok, but the nose thing drives me nuts. lol Hey... I'm his mother... what.. .am I gonna lie about it?

It's hard not to cry and sometimes I can't help it. I just miss him. I'm empty nesting all over again. :frowning2:

Thanks for tolerating me!

Lori

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids grow up and leave home, but a mom will always be a mom.
    All of us here appreciate you being a great mum to your kid.
    (&&&)

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Lori! I'm so glad you still post with us here.

As a son to my mom, and a father to my kids, I offer you a big cyber-hug and a knowing smile. The fact that you keep it together at all is a testament to your strength.

Will you be seeing Jake over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays?

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. tgboymom

No.. he'll be with his partner's family for Thanksgiving. I got him last Christmas for a month because his partner was out of the country so he's staying home this Christmas. I'm not decorating this year. When he comes I make it look like Christmas exploded all over the property, inside and out so when he pulls in the driveway it's dark, but when he gets up to the end of the treeline.. it just explodes with light and animation. lol The fun continues inside with lights and displays... stuff we made when he was little.. pics with Santa on the mantle.. the whole nine yards. Every room, every surface... it's all Christmas.

Last night he told me that the complication is healing well. I asked if he was happy and he said yes. He said everything is "fantastic". I hope that is true. I figure that I'll get out there by spring to see for myself. After that I usually go for the 4th of July and mid September for his birthday. This year I didn't go for his birthday because he came right after for the surgery.

I don't know how old your children are.. I don't know how far along you are in the process.... but burn every moment into memory because they become few and far between when they are older.

I worked on the back deck after he left and between minor repairs and painting, I just finished it last week. Maybe today I'll start taking down the living room and prepare the walls to paint ... if I can drag my sorry ass up. :sleep: It might be time to take down the guitar hangers and send the rest of the guitars to go live with him now. Maybe I'll just keep one.. the Martin D16.. just in case I get the urge. LOL :bang:

Have a great day darlin'... and mind those memories! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2016 at 06:43 AM ----------

Thank you.. that's very kind.

5. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have seen several of your posts, and I just want to say, you seem like a wonderful mom and parent. Jake is very lucky to have such a supportive and strong parent. Sending love your way! <3

6. tgboymom

Thank you (*hug*)

7. BenFreeman

When you love something...you gotta set it free...

(*hug*)

8. GreenTree

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)

I have not come out to my parents... I still don't know how and when to do it. I feel that they would be accepting of it but I'm just not ready.
    Reading your post and feeling the unconditional love of a mother makes my resolve to coe out to my parents stronger... it would be nice to be fully myself around them.

I wish you plenty happy moments with your son and family (&&&)

9. tgboymom

I've heard horror stories, but I can't see how a mother could really ever separate from someone who is more a part of herself than anyone else on this earth. I hope there comes that time where you are up to it and can have those advantages of being your full self around them soon! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2016 at 06:24 PM ----------

He's free. Ok... so I'm chatting online with him but.. yanno, I'm on the road on my way back from Florida (10 hour ride), soooooooooo... I've been chatting on and off with him.
    He just was out changing his name at social security at dmv and all of that.

10. NYCMascMan

NYCMascMan Guest

I agree, you seem like a wonderful mother!

11. tgboymom

Thanks, doll..

(*hug*)

12. WarmEmbrace

You are an awesome parent! You son is very fortunate to have you as his mom :slight_smile:
    Much love! (*hug*)

13. tgboymom

thank you, love. ... still miss him though. :icon_sad: