1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adult bullying

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PinkCarnation41, Nov 19, 2016.

1. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone know of any organisations, support groups etc that deal with adult bullying?

2. klix

Pink,

It depends whats going on, if it is at work, university, home, friends, and what is happening?

If it's at work, your manager, or HR if your manager is the problem.

If it's university, your academic staff, and/or student support if it's staff related, or head of program/dean if you feel unable to get support there, or even the student union.

If it's at home, then family and friends.

If the bullying is physical you can also go to the police, although psychological / verbal bullying could also be something they can deal with depending on the situation, i.e. hate crimes.

The NHS and your local council can provide support for the psychological effects.

If you are experiencing LGBT related bullying there are various charities out there to talk to, not least Switchboard and the Samaritans.

I hope these help, if you can tell us a little more maybe about the situation we could direct you better?

All the best

Tom

3. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your reply klix. I'm seeking help to deal with a repeated pattern of bullying throughout my life in school, college and at work. I want to break this pattern and deal with flashbacks and after effects.

4. klix

I would suggest it sounds like some counselling and CBT might be useful, however it's worth talking to a professional, starting with your GP who can refer you to local services.

5. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice klix. :slight_smile:

6. klix

Maybe it would help to talk to folks here while you figure out some support else where?