1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Remember the gay guy attacked by Trump supporters with blood on his face?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SkyWinter, Nov 11, 2016.

1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's completely unproven

He hasn't gone to the police, and the hospitals have no record of him coming in. Yet he plastered pictures over all over social media. Why?

2. HuskyLover

That's very weird... Maybe he used a different name when arriving to the hospital, or maybe he got help from someone in the hospital privately who didn't log it or want to keep quiet about it for some reason. He could have been threatened about it as well, as he seem to be a bit too soft about the incidence, almost as he's defending it. Or... He's an attention seeker. So many theories.

I'm sure he knows more than what he has said though.

3. Olle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To be fair, he didn't seem to be the one who shared it on social media but rather a friend of his who had taken the pictures. Considering that he kind of downplayed his injuries, saying that it looked worse than it was and that many assaults go unreported it's not surprising to me that he wouldn't report it. The image of the ER looks legit though. It's possible they didn't go to a local hospital but if they were in that city it doesn't make much sense to not go to the nearest hospital possible, especially with blood streaming down your face like that. But anything is possible I guess, probably more so since he's not from the area.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess it depends. If someone fakes being attacked to trick you and that doesn't bother you then I guess you shouldn't care about this story.

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, yeah, I know the spiel. You refuse to acknowledge any argument but your own.

I care about the real hate crimes that are occurring, and that you are trying your best to minimize.

Ignore list.

#6 Browncoat, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw some of my friends share this story on FB.
    The story here is that now that Trump is president, it's open season on gay people.
    My immediate reaction was that it seemed like a made-up story.
    He was assaulted in gay-friendly Santa Monica?
    Doesn't seem likely, but ok.
    The assailants were identified as Trump supporters?
    That's convenient.
    He left the bar alone?
    No witnesses to corroborate the story.
    The picture of him shows his face and the entire front of his shirt soaked in blood. His hands and wrists are bloodied as well.
    But his white wristwatch is clean.

Anyway, I looked him up online and found his youtube page. He's an aspiring actor/filmmaker/stuntman. See for yourself:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJdgpkAGvE&t=1m46s[/youtube]

Take particular note of how he convincingly covers himself in fake blood in this sample action trailer. By the way, I found this video 2 days ago on his youtube page. Upon seeing this thread I returned to his page to try to find this same video and couldn't. The reason is that he changed the settings on this video to "unlisted" so that you can only watch it if you have the video link. Of course, I did still have the link, because google saved my browsing history. But why hide the video?

8. Olle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    [​IMG]

I wonder if this is faked too...

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2016 at 11:51 PM ----------

omg I'm so sorry, I didn't realize the image would be so huge and I have no idea how to edit or delete posts

9. Jellal

About 4 to 5 of the "violent discriminatory Trump supporter" stories currently circulating have been proven false. I'm not going to say that there are none of these events happening, but unfortunately there has been a trend of staged attacks over the last few days. In any case the right course of action is to look out for one another and discourage any form of violence.

10. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. I don't know what happened to the edit button. But, considering the source of the document is Chris Ball, and also considering the fact that no police report was made of this incident, I think this document may very well be just as fake as the rest of Chris' story.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2016 at 01:15 AM ----------

From the Santa Monica Police Dept. Facebook page:

Also, someone in the comments noticed that, in the ER picture, the sleeve of the nurse has the letters FMC on it. These letters stand for Foothills Medical Centre, which is located in Chris' native city of Calgary, Alberta Canada.

11. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

12. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The authenticity of this case concerns me less than the reality that members of our community are subjected to hate crimes every single day, in all parts of the world.

What concerns me even more is the potential for hate crimes to increase if the leaders of a nation broker an atmosphere of prejudice and intolerance towards minorities.

In the United States there is a pressing need to bring people together now. Statements and policies that sow the seeds of further division will lead to a boiling over of rage and dissent in divided communities and it's in that melting pot that hate crimes escalate.

13. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether Chris Ball staged that story or not doesn't matter. KKK, rednecks, misogynistic, chauvinistic, racist, heterosexual, gun toting white males are the real winners. The rest of us will be expected to take whatever they want to dish out in silence, or be called liars if we dare speak up.

The alternative is learning to defend yourself on their level, which I have done, got my ccl years ago and, now I'm very glad I did. I pray I NEVER actually need it, but, I'm not going to get beaten for simply being out and being myself.

14. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it does matter if he staged the story. That's not okay. That means he faked a crime for attention.

15. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree. While I think it is important to note that people ARE being attacked in real life, Chris Ball and other attention-seekers like him are making us question and doubt real assaults. THAT is not okay.

16. Olle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm still astounded when I see people claiming to be worried about others doubting real crimes while simultaneously denying a crime that has a possibility of being real.

Part of the problem there is that they checked local hospitals. The one he went to wasn't local. I believe it was VICE that did try to confirm it, but the hospital refused to comment or something like that, which is understandable since they're not supposed to release patient information. If you look up that article you should also be able to find pictures of him showing the stitches he got.

Personally I thought it was EMC, but I tried to zoom in to be sure, but didn't have a lot of luck. Could be an E, could be a F. What was interesting is that it didn't seem to be the same font as the MC part. Unfortunately I couldn't make out anything else written either in order to determine if it was a uniform specific to a hospital or part of a brand of scrubs widely available. So I decided to look if either hospital did have specific uniforms. The Foothills Medical Center doesn't appear to have one, based on my quick search. There's a nurse who had been employed there saying such while answering a question back in 2005 and looking at their website and what the nurses appear to be wearing in pictures and video, it also looks like they don't have specific uniforms. Couldn't find anything relevant to West Hills Hospital however, but I would be surprised if they had specific uniforms as well. Most don't. If anything, they just expect nurses to wear certain colors. So maybe the logo means something, and maybe it doesn't. Hard to say.

I would say however that considering the evidence that he has provided, I find it surprising how quick people are to dismiss it. It's one thing to be a little suspicious, but to outright say it's fake despite there being supporting evidence? :shrug:

17. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Except, that's not what happened. People actually weren't quick to dismiss this story as false. Rather, they were too quick to accept this story as true because it validated their anger toward Trump supporters. That's the very reason his photos spread all over social media in the first place.

Now that we've taken the time to actually look into his story, the evidence suggests that he faked it. The most suspicious thing is that the Santa Monica Police Dept has no report of this incident from either Chris Ball or the hospital. This contradicts Chris' story, because he told Vice that the hospital had informed the police. The document from West Hills hospital is another red flag. If the crime took place in Santa Monica, why drive over 20 miles to West Hills when there are much closer hospitals? When asked by Vice about which bar he had gone to that night in Santa Monica, Chris Ball says that he does not remember because he was intoxicated. He can't even name the bar. The Pride LA, a gay newspaper that reported this story on their web site, has already retracted their article.

I don't go around picking apart every report of a gay hate crime and trying to show that it was a hoax. I don't doubt the existence of real hate crimes, like the one that happened in Orlando this year. But I will doubt the fake ones, because they only serve to undermine the credibility of the gay community. We shouldn't blindly latch onto stories that, we feel, can vindicate our hatred of Trump and everyone that voted for him. Chris Ball tried to exploit that hatred with a hoax story and that is wrong. Why can't we be mature enough to just admit that? The reaction from some members on this board are disappointing. Why do we have to make excuses for him or downplay the lie and say that it doesn't really matter? This was a lie, a harmful one at that, and should never be condoned. Don't give in to cognitive dissonance.

18. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I don't believe his story. Turns out the guy is a special affects makeup artist, so it would be pretty easy for him to fake being attacked. And honestly, what guy who's covered in blood stops with no look of pain in front of a camera before rushing to the hospital? I think he faked it.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2016 at 11:52 PM ----------

Meanwhile: "You voted Trump" yelled at man while he's beaten in Chicago streets - CBS News

19. Flowey

All the stories, fake or real, are just to dramatize things further. There's no honest reporting, just dramatic reporting.
    Ugh, can you guys just solve it with a civil war already?

20. photoguy93

That blood looks fake. Still, it could have happened and that's what matters. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true - because look at the crap that our community/any other minority faces.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2016 at 10:46 AM ----------

Very valid point. Unrelated to this story, but a friend of mine recently went through a family crisis where a relative "apparently" murdered his ex and then jumped out of the building. Well, that's what the media said. The detectives/investigators found that he had defensive wounds, and what they believe actually happened was that SHE attacked him and stabbed him, and then he just couldn't take it and jumped out of the window to end his life.

The media is not always right - at all.