1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News So, Trump, Huh? (What's the General Vibe about this?)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by warrior452, Nov 10, 2016.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So...President Trump.

It's been a rough couple of days. What's the general vibe about it, and how's everyone doing?

We'll get through this...

2. Psaurus918

Anger, sadness, depression <---- Repeat for the next 4 years

3. Summer Rose

Indifference. I'm scared of what the GOP can do, Trump, by comparison, is just white noise.

4. Xochipilli

Not happy, but moving on. We're doomed to commit the same fuckery over and over. :shrug:
    Not giving up though! :thumbsup:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really give a shit. It could have been way worse and we could've been stuck with a republican far more right wing than trump. I'm actually getting annoyed with people who are getting so fucked up over this. Like seriously this isn't the end of the world. Whatever people will get over it and then they'll have something else to complain about soon enough.

6. Linkmaste

Nervous...very nervous.

7. PanPrideLgbt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't see a huge problem. No matter who is in charge, some members of Congress or even the cabinet will hold hostile attitudes towards us and our community. Trump was trying to get votes like any other potential president. We need to give him a chance.

8. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "hmm mm, nope, nah, f this."

he concerns me.

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he does concern me. the lgbt community lived through reagan and thatcher. honestly, it looks a bit hypocritcal. some of us did show numbers and proof that bernie was a better choice. the ones that are crying about it are the same ones that choose clinton over sanders.

10. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ain't shook about nothin in my life.

11. DoriaN

Joy and a lot of relief, things may still be a bit bumpy though, and now just praying no one gets killed.

#11 DoriaN, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  12. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to worried about Trump other than the general message electing him sends. Now if he is convicted in his upcoming trail and, they impeach and, remove him form office so that Pence becomes president - I'm outta here. That's terrifying.

I do think Trump will be good for this country on some issues, assuming he stays in office. We'll be okay, we won't gain ground but, we won't loose it either. Now if Pence ends up president, hello LGBTQ dark ages USA and, I'm gone.

I'm scared enough of that possibility that I've already made plans, have a place to go, researching the job market there, looking at flats I will be able to afford, etc...

13. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Admittedly, I wasn't with Trump from day one, because I was one of those people who thought "Build a wall? Hah! That's ridiculous! What is this, Game of Thrones?" At the time, I thought he was just an idiot at worst. The media trying to depict him as racist kind of made me raise an eyebrow, so I generally avoided mainstream news sources.

Then terrorist attack after terrorist attack happened, the European immigration crisis happened, which made me consider that Trump might actually have a point. I looked at his policies, watched some of his rallies, and I believe that a Trump Administration is what we need now, more than ever.

Unfortunately, too many people have been watching nothing but the bought out mainstream media, and are now so convinced that "Trump is literally Hitler!", ignoring any evidence to the contrary, sometimes citing a flimsy excuse from Huffington Post or the Clinton News Network, or simply writing off people who disagree with them as bigoted. It's going to take a long time to reverse the damage that John Podesta has done.

So yeah, I'm glad Trump won.

14. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump once said: "I'd nuke the hell out of them!" How is that harmless? I can't stand the man, he's a narcissist and a bully with the maturity of a 16-year-old.

15. Delta

I'm really scared. I'm also hurt. Trump LOST the popular vote. He lost. This shouldn't be happening.

16. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

I'm not worried about Trump. I think he will make a great president, to be honest. Now if Pence ever has to take his place, for whatever reason, that's when I would start worrying. Let's just hope it never gets to that.

17. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Woops, don't know why I said John Podesta there.

18. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is my take on this event.

Donald (he does not deserve to be called by his last name, that would show respect) regularly confuses his ego with who he is. Yet I suspect that there are few jobs like being president that will reveal one's true character more forcefully. Like all bullies, there is a coward lurking beneath his orange facade. It will soon enough manifest itself.

He and I have something in common: an attention deficit disorder, so I know first-hand that he will get very bored, very fast, with whatever hard decision will be put before him. In all likelihood he will put off making any decision until the last minute. It's the reason he has failed repeatedly in business. He maintains his monumental ego mainly to pull the wool over his own eyes, the better not to see what he is.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he will disappoint his followers, it will take time, no doubt, but there is no way that he could ever live up to the promises (such as they are) he has made. The fundamental contradiction he must face is that it was the republican party that started the destruction of the middle class, that was Ronald Reagan's doing.

The neat trick was getting the democrats to abandon their working-class and union roots to move Reagan's agenda forward in order, so they thought, to get re-elected (basically giving themselves the same neo-"liberal" taint and calling it the "third way" in Bill Clinton's time). With a deft sleight of hand the decimation of the middle-class, well underway, was eventually attributed to the democrats. Enter Donald who saw this opportunity originally created by the republicans, and presto: the republicans are now the party of the working class (formerly known as the middle class)! This will put him at odds with his own party in more ways than one, and should be very entertaining.

It is good to remind ourselves in this stressful time that sometimes, the very worst thing that can happen to someone is "winning"...ask most lottery winners if their lives were made any better after winning all that money.

#18 greatwhale, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  19. Jellal

His temperament is one of the worst things about him as a candidate. It stirs people up on a huge scale and that sad fact of the matter is we have lots of violent white supremacists that have been encouraged to threaten and hurt anyone they don't like.
    However, I'd sooner trust Trump's presidency than Clinton's. Here's why.
    Trump's tone, to me is bluster. The foulest Trump supporters let that bluster puff up their own egos and act badly towards people they think are "lesser." Behind the bluster, I see Clinton as a much more dangerous candidate. It might not seem like it, but 48 hours ago, I believe the world dodged a bullet with Trump's victory. Already Putin has extended support to America and said that he's ready to improve our currently icy foreign relations. Trump mouthed off to just about everyone and everything but stayed cool on Russia. Meanwhile Clinton's Foundation is backed by donors like Lockheed Martin, and war is their big business.
    We may have a lot of problems with Trump at home, that I don't doubt. But I would rather contain our damage than watch the number of bombings multiply across the globeā€”I will take civil strife over a potential nuclear war any day. A lot of people are acting like a victory for Trump was a victory for "evil," and the "good," the social progress of Clinton, was a tragic loss. In reality, neither candidate was good or evil. We need to make the best of the situation that's presented itself.
    Right now that means protecting people who could be targeted by harmful criminals, and in the future, potentially harmful laws.

20. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I'm Canadian so this election is probably a much different animal to me than it is to a lot of you but in the interest of staying positive and keeping hope at the surface. While I am not a Trump supporter and would have never voted for him if given the opportunity to do so, I truly believe that there will be positive things that come from his presidency (if only a few). There is a difference between indifference and hate. It doesn't feel like he hates or is against the lgbt community or our rights as people. What it actually feels like is that he simply doesn't hold them in any kind of priority. I believe that he will not harm the community. But he will not fight for our rights and freedoms either. As far as women's rights go, I don't feel that he is as against abortion as he says he is. He was pro choice before the election. So I believe that it will be an issue he tries to ignore and bury under the rug so he doesn't have to deal with it. I think that the worst things that have been said about him in this election were a reflection on his supporters. Many of whom ARE harmful to any minority group. However, what's to say that many of his supporters weren't tools to get him in office? What's to say he didn't sway most of these weak, stupid, racists into voting for him and he really isn't as hateful as they are. The man may not know much about politics but give credit where credit is due. He does know how to work a crowd of people. And he, more importantly, knows how to feel out a crowd of people. So I hope everybody can stay hopeful and keep in mind that if I'm way off and he really does prove to be damaging to your country and the rest of the world, He is an obstacle and nothing else. He won't/can't damage anything in the country drastically enough to be beyond repair. Even Obama was only able to keep like 45% of his election promises. The rest either didn't happen or were negotiated and half ass'ed.