1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okay so how d'you know if you've experienced sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dyingbutthrivin, Nov 10, 2016.

1. dyingbutthrivin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I mean if you search how does attraction feel like, the answers are always really vague? When they say it's just a really strong urge to frickle frackle with someone I don't get it? How do I know if I have experienced attraction? The whole 'you'll know it when you feel it' thing isn't really helpful. Like I know how arousal feels like so does it feel like that or? How strong is it generally? The whole 'pull' explanation is very vague too. Can someone explain it very very descriptively for me? Cause I honestly don't know if what I experienced was attraction? Also, I'm like 13 so is it normal to be confused or is it just me?

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Your 13, mate calm down. It's a pull, it's a fixation, it's arousal when you feel close to them. Its all these things. You literally cannot be sitting there at 13 worrying about this - it's a waste of time. I would say that I hadn't felt it fully at 13. Certainly I'd never known anyone who I had some strong desire to er "frickle frackle" with haha. Calm down, go to school, make friends, live.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's if you want to have sex with someone/feel arousal toward someone. And here's the thing. It doesn't have to be toward a specific person. If you fantasize about men or women in general and love the idea of sex with women or men in general...you are feeling sexual attraction, even if It's not toward a specific person. Not all sexuals are sexually attracted to random strangers, some can only feel it within deeper connections. But a true asexual would never enjoy a random sexual fantasy/want to act on it in the future at all.

4. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, attraction towards a person comes in different varieties. The one I have experienced most often is the urge to look at a person. Like, literally not being able to take my eyes of them and feeling nervous because I think they will find out that I'm staring. This also occurs with strangers and varies in strength.
    Another type is wanting to spend as much time as possible with someone. For me, that one is difficult to distinguish from platonic (friendship like) attraction. I sometimes even get it mixed up. I think that's mainly because I have only started feeling attracted to people slightly more than a year ago and realized that I am attracted not only to men just three weeks back.
    So take your time and don't pressure yourself to feel something. I am sure you will eventually find out what being attracted to someone feels like for you.

5. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm with SHACH. Cool it. The mere fact that you're thinking of this means that it's worrying or confusing you. However, you have a long way to go, to learn, experience and fully grasp it. A lot of people here can describe, tell you but that's all. Enjoy your life, friends and other stuff. Things will come to you naturally and it is more exciting that way.