1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News A must listen to NPR program. Yep its about Trump.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Nov 9, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know I went on my Facebook page today and there was some many posts and news feeds from other countries as well that made mention of this. Other countries were laughing and really shocked at United States for choosing Trump after all of his crude antics during the campaign trail and yet...US chose him whom by the way has no experience in politics over someone that is well qualified. Honestly, for me...it is somewhat embarrassing to read those comments and yet...they are true. Needless to say...its going to be a rough four years.

3. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that was kind of the point in some Trump circles, and I am of the same mind. Career politicians put us in the mess, and we have the chance to experiment with a new type of leader, a new type of president that still has managed to do business on a world-wide scale, with all the good and bad that comes with it.

No more corporate shills, we now have a CEO as president. it's a gamble, but anything to not be stuck in an endless loop of the same bad candidates.

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup. Bush wins, then Clinton, then back to Bush, Obama for a while, then back to Clinton.... nope it was past time to put an end to that.

5. DoriaN

^

Also I see other countries and people praising the Trump pick, remember there's propaganda everywhere right now so anything that comes across as being one sided is suspect by default.

6. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nothing wrong with Skepticism.

7. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a well established fact that "business" people do not make good political leaders. (sorry do not have references to my claim at this moment) Why? Because business leaders rule by decree. You will do as I say or you are fired. In politics you rule by consensus and persuasion - research LBJ to see how he persuaded people.

If people who voted for Trump for this reason would have done a little homework, they would have learned this.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2016 at 08:14 AM ----------

You drive a car by looking forward, not by looking in the rear view mirror. If you study your American history you may learn that Hillary reluctantly took on the her husbands last name. Hillary has been and always will be her own person.

When I vote for a president, I ask, is the person a "you, me, us" person or is he/she a "me, myself, and I" person? Donald is a me, myself, and I person, his track records reinforces this fact.

8. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How so? He employs thousands of people. Are you also saying he shouldn't look out for himself first? Isn't that what everyone does? Do you not take care of yourself first? Make sure you eat everyday? Exercise? Have a good job?