1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT+ Community of the USA: Prostitution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Enjel, Nov 8, 2016.

?

Should prostitution be legalized throughout the USA?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Indifferent

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Olle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At the very least it should be legal to sell. It being illegal leads to greater exploitation and harm, not just from clients but from police officers who will harass or rape sex workers. Besides that, having a criminal record makes it more difficult to switch to other work.

I'm more indifferent to having buying legal or not. There's pros and cons. At the moment I'm unsure which wins out, but I do typically lean towards criminalizing buying, at least at this current point in time. I don't believe all buyers are the same, but I have a problem with the idea that a large number (I'm assuming it's a large number) don't care whatsoever about why they're in that line of work and if they actually want to do it. I won't say every situation is rape, but there are some I would.

I think the only way I would be completely comfortable with total legalization is if we sincerely attempted to make sure that no one is ever in the position where they feel forced to engage in sexual activity in order to survive.

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't live in the USA, but I voted 'yes' in your poll, Enjel. My personal feelings aside, it's safer to legalise prostitution. I'm almost certain it should be legal to sell sex and I slightly lean towards legalizing buying. I mostly agree with what Olle said in the last post