1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry Hillary Clinton is going to be out next president :slight_smile:

2. animequeen567

Um, but...Donald Trump won though... :frowning2:

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was the joke.

--

Also, Jean-Marc Aryault has already started the chorus of leaders demanding certainty about the Iran deal and the Paris Agreement.

Trump had better provide it now that the very real responsibility of being President is his, assuming he remembers what those things are.

4. Summer Rose

My prediction 10 months ago: "If it's bernie vs trump, bernie wins. If it's Hillary vs Trump, Hillary loses." The signs were there a year ago, the fact that people are somehow surprised would be funny if it weren't for the reality that Trump is president.

There's still hope though, as you can still votes for people in the legislative branch (house and senate); if there's ever been a time to realize the importance of voting for this branch, it would be in 2018.

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't it odd that there is so much uncertainty as to what will happen right now? I bet we wouldn't have had this kind of uncertainty with Clinton.

We don't have much of an idea what will happen right now. I find that very odd.

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is exactly why we have branches of government and the filibuster vote in the senate ( if you don't get 60 votes you can stall the motion and essentially kill it) Dark days are head of us but it won't nearly as bad as people think. My concern is if Trump does something rash that we can't take back. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell won't just parrot what Trump wants ( the two majority leaders in Congress)

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And i thought my country had problems...

I hope he is a better president than he is a person (is my phrase correct? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).

Now, for those of you who didn't vote for him, remember: While he may be a political enemy, the people who voted for him aren't necessarily enemies or bigots. Do not be aggressive towards people that disagree with you. Educating people is necessary, and it is a process: You will not change anyone's mind with violence (verbal or not) and aggression.

Discussions and debates are necessary, but with respect. Otherwise, they are worthless.

Also, in our forum, remember that respect is not only necessary because of the above, but because our Code of Conduct. Let's maintain the peace!

8. ABeautifulMind

I feel like a giant I told you so is in store for the DNC...

Some people on this site as well... I wont name your names, but I warned you this would happen quite a while ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Time to see what happens... **grabs vodka, tequila, and rum**

9. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm crying. Not only is Donald Trump going to be our president, MIKE PENCE, WHO SUPPORTS CONVERSION THERAPY MORE THAN ANYTHING, IS GOING TO BE OUR VICE PRESIDENT. Oh my gosh. America is doomed.

10. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On the bright side Roy Cooper won the NC governor race and hopefully will be able to do something about HB2! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

(If he didn't win, there was very little chance that HB2 would go away because the lawsuit would have most likely been withdrawn because of Republican pressure. This is actually really important as it is symbolic of the fight for trans rights throughout the US.)

#50 Eveline, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  11. Flowey

Agreed. Calling voters ignorant, uneducated, racist, overwhelming white, xenophobic, islamophobic, homophobic, transphobic, bigot and some other things is probably one of the factors that push people toward Trump.
    Well, as people say, "freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences". This is the consequence :grin:

12. Czarcastic

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this election says a lot about the political climate in the United States and a more general trend across the democratic world.

In regards to the United States, this result showed a complete rejection of the political class and signals the deep economic pain being suffered by some parts of the United States. Let's remember that Trump trounced a field of establishment Republicans and that Clinton struggled to defeat Sanders even with the party helping her and hindering Sanders whenever they could; there is a strong undercurrent of anger within the electorate and I don't see that changing unless Trump tackles wealth inequality head on (which I doubt). I am already predicting that the 2020 Democratic nominee will be from the Sanders/Warren wing of the party

Secondly, I do think that racism, sexism and bigotry played a role in the result. That is not saying that all Trump supporters are racist, sexist and bigoted but there is a subset of Americans that are racist, sexist and bigoted and they turned out for Trump big time and they probably played a small role in the result tonight.

More broadly, the election of Trump fits in more broadly with the populist, anti political establishment across the democratic (and particularly Western) world. It is definitely present on the right but the left is certainly becoming more populist and anti-establishment as well, or one may consider this the left returning to their economic roots. So while the world may scorn the US for electing Trump; he is basically just one of many populists changing the political landscape worldwide.

13. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there you have it...

It seems our Canadian immigration website crashed overnight from an alarming increase of traffic as things started getting clearer...we may need a wall...

I watched last night, as all the major networks covered this election, and all the talking heads, the pundits, the purveyors of the conventional wisdom, and all I could see was a bunch of people with cream pie smashed all over their faces.

The so-called self-appointed "elite" (or establishment if you prefer) is to blame for this, and no one else.

Decades of "elite" mendacity, outright bullshit, condescension and mediocrity are to blame for this. When they were confronted with actual leadership in the person of Bernie Sanders, they didn't know how to recognize it. Instead, the DNC opted for the paralysis of incrementalism, of caution, rather than boldness, and who could blame them, when their financial backers had so much to lose, when their own jobs were at stake.

Yes, old Donald is a half-assed and incompetent businessman, but what the upper crust just didn't get is that those who voted for him respected that. Why? Because Trump had (as Nassim Taleb put it) "skin in the game", he had something to lose (but not really, since the bankruptcy and tax laws are in his favour...more bullshit). None of the so-called elite ever really had something to lose, they off-loaded their risks onto others. The establishment just didn't get it, when the financial crisis struck, the bill was handed to the taxpayers, not one banker paid the consequences of their criminality and bad judgment...this did not go unnoticed, especially by those whose wages have been kept low while others prospered.

So here we are, the consequences of a "low dishonest decade.." as written by W.H. Auden in his poem September 1, 1939 (the day Hitler invaded Poland):

Indeed we had so many "clever hopes", the pollsters ludic calculations (so far removed from reality) all converged yesterday on more or less "+4" for Hillary...what a joke. Even though we use GPS, it helps sometimes to look outside...

More from this amazing poem:

Yes indeed, we have reaped what has been sown long ago, "Those to whom evil is done" have spoken.

Let their "success" reveal itself for what it is: an illusion. Sometimes the worse thing that can happen to one is to get what one wants. Sometimes this lesson has to be learned the hard way. Let him be the "strong-man"...he'll find out soon enough how difficult that will be...but for now, no more illusions, we're in for a long, rough four years...

#54 greatwhale, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  15. timo

[​IMG]

Congrats America.

16. Linkmaste

Canada here. Just a tid bit on the website, it's actually prone to crashing easily just under any kind of pressure.

Second, what's done is done. The votes are in and America now has Donald Trump has their next president.

There are going to be unhappy people that's understandable but to think the world isn't cringing is plain wrong. America has are heavy influence to Canada and slowly we've been trying to detach ourselves from that. I hope that at best-everything stays the same since Trump lies often (as did Clinton) he won't rock the boat as heavily as others think he will.

Then again, I honestly thought Clinton had it in the bag by 9:30 and I was wrong...

By the way, along with the he polar bear rides, you get a lifetimes supply of Timmies.

17. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really did not see that coming. I just hope people remember that the government is subject to morals and that even a candidate the majority supports can be tyrannical.

18. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted Bernie to win, and that's final.

Clinton wouldn't have been any better than Trump as a president. She's so quick to see Russia as an enemy that she could easily trigger a WWIII. THAT is what I was afraid of the most.

Trump is a wild card. I have no idea what will happen, but at least, it's not a guaranteed disaster. I will not say that I'm at ease with the results, but I think he's the lesser evil here.

There seems to be a trend everywhere in doing the dumbest things, politics wise. Now, let's see if France elects Le Pen. That would be the last drop...

19. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea what it means for the country--which is why the markets will tank today--but I know it will set back LGBT rights by 10 years. We just elected a president who has vowed to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn our right to marry, vowed to overturn any executive orders preventing discrimination against LGBT people in federal hiring and who supports a measure that asserts that the right to discriminate against gay people is a fundamental right of all Americans--oh, and who picked a VP who literally thinks you can beat it out of us.

My view of human nature took a real beating last night...

20. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my opinion, both candidates were lousy. The only problem I have with Trump is his vice-president, who seems terrible. But then again, Hillary was just a politically correct, possibly murderous lying hypocrite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.