1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too soon to get back out there?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Linkmaste, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Linkmaste

Hey folks,

So it's been three months since I came out to my husband fully and we have decided to seperate and go our own paths. He's super supportive of me and knew I was struggling for a long time.

What I'm wondering is that I'm kinda poking around the dating apps and socializing and while I'm not looking for something serious, I'm looking to mingle a little. I already got the okay from the husband and I'm okay with him looking around too but he's not confidant enough he said.

My question is this: if I'm upfront with my situation and it's cool between me and this girl would it be too soon to do this?

Like I said I'm not looking for serious stuff but I want to put myself out there again and kind of get a taste of what I've been missing out on. I waited respectfully because this is new to my family and I needed some time to clear stuff.

Any opinion is fine, I am a gown woman and I can handle it.

Thanks in advance.

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all. The day my ex and I actually filed, I had a date that evening. Obviously I planned it before we filed, and yes my ex knew about it.

Nothing serious but, I'm not dead and, refuse to live like I am. By the time you hit the actually divorce stage, the marriage has been over for a while anyway.

If you feel ready to mingle again, go for it.

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Well dear, it all depends on how you are feeling emotionally. You've had to go through a lot to get to this point, so if you just looking for a hook up, it might be too soon. But if your just looking for a friendly coffee date or two, completely fine. Just be aware that it'll take some time. Just remember that whatever happens right now doesn't define your future self.

Good Luck with your search.

4. Linkmaste

Emoitionally, I feel pretty good now. I used to feel horrible and depressed and trapped. Now, I'm taking care of myself, running, and looking for new work back in my home town.

I understand where you're coming from though and a few coffee dates sounds perfect to me. I don't think I'll hook up just yet I'm a little insecure with the weight I gained.

Thanks for the reponse! I actually have an ice cream date this week at the pier in my city. I'm a little excited.

5. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Rachyl. However, if you're looking for a long term partner (which I know you said not right now), you should do some soul searching and mental preperation to be healed from divorce and ready for that.