1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News FBI Just Cleared Hillary Clinton Over New Email Investigation

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JonSomebody, Nov 6, 2016.

1. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. tgboymom

It was obvious that (R) Comey was doing anything he could to sway the election. Trump hated him, then loved him... now he's going to hate him again. Trump is the ANTI-TRUTH. He's bullied his way through this whole thing.

3. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, you mean the new emails were not about Hillary being a member of a Satanic ritual murder and molestation cult? I am truly shocked.

4. Jellal

Damn, that was fast. This investigation from nowhere disappeared almost as quickly as it came

Weren't they investigating a lot more emails this time too?

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes. First this thing pops up with like a week to go before the election. I thought if anything, Trump might have rigged it. But that can't be the case if they literally found nothing and claimed it was a distraction. So I really am clueless...

5. Psaurus918

That's just because she's above the law /s

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kurt Eichenwald, a veteran investigative journalist for Newsweek, dug into this story and published the day it came out a week ago. Through his sources in the FBI and Justice departments, he spelled it all out a week ago: The emails weren't sent by Hillary, weren't sent through her server, weren't classified. Nothing to see here, please move along... And it turns out he was 100% correct.

Eichenwald also indicated that this was a desperate, hail-mary attempt for Comey to grovel with the GOP who were uncontrollably angry that Comey (correctly) reported in July that Clinton didn't do anything that was a chargeable offense, and what did happen was a result of her underlings (nearly all of whom were career State Department people) doing what they'd done for years under multiple Dem and Repub administrations, as a result of out-of-date computer systems.

In short, Comey took a gamble to try to help Repubs, against both FBI staff and Justice Department admonitions. Instead, it may have backfired. It almost certainly cost Comey his career and his credibility.

The level of shady behavior on both sides is absolutely unprecedented this time. It doesn't bode well for the future of our country.

7. YeahpIdk

Not surprising. This is a horrendous time for the country. Hoping for enlightenment in the midst of old, decaying BS that's coming to the surface.

8. ForeverDaisy

Wow. I actually heard on the news a few days ago it would take months to go through the entirety of the emails, but I'm glad this was quickly resolved.

9. faustian1

Good, so Chelsea Manning will be getting out of prison soon, right?

10. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And the cycle continues...