1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomach stuck in stress mode??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SkyDiver, Nov 5, 2016.

1. SkyDiver

I had the most hellish week of school, literally no sleep, lots of coffee, lots of paper writing... and my stomach feels like I'm sucking it in as hard as I can and everything is so tight and uncomfortable. Even though I have no reason to be stressed at this moment and I am mentally relaxed, it's still feeling like that and my heart starts racing every once in a while.

What's wrong with me, and what can I do? I've tried deep breathing, massage, applying heat, meditation... nothing is helping

2. TraceElement

Are you constipated?

3. TheGreyBetween

You might want to try cutting out the caffeine intake. Caffeine can increase feelings of anxiety and cause it's own set of anxiety-like symptoms. I suffer from anxiety and have had to cut out the caffeine entirely (or almost entirely: I still have chocolate from time to time and decaf coffee every day.) Anxiety can mess up your gut as well, and the caffeine can do the same. Also, limiting caffeine will help you with sleeping too.

4. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

don't abuse your body - it cannot always recover. Please let this be a lesson - you are flesh and blood, tissue - not a rubber band.

You may, in addition to all these other good thoughts, have given yourself quite bad indigestion - in fact I can't imagine how you could have not.

eat a healthy balanced diet and allow your digestion to normalize.

and take care of yourself!! school comes and goes, in fact it can even be repeated if necessary. You only get _one_ stomach :wink:

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do agree with what TheGreyBetween has mentioned in regards to caffeine intake. It can cause you to have feelings of anxiety as well as having symptoms that are similar to anxiety. I also think you should cut out your caffeine intake for awhile and hopefully you will be able to see a change in your habits in a positive manner.