1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jessica79, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jessica79

Easily one of my top 5 favourite films any other fans here? And what is your opinion on the 2016 remake.

I personally think it was done really well not a massive fan of lavernes version of sweet transvestite.

Not sure if this has been posted before apologies if it has :slight_smile:

2. neonliv

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im a huge fan of rocky horror but i didnt like the remake. i think it lacked the dirty glam that the original had. i think it couldve been directed by someone better than kenny ortega

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like it, always have. I wouldn't count it among my favourites but it's still a great movie.

About the remake, it was just blah. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I thought it was too clean and too obviously high-budget. It wasn't awful but lacked the charm of the original.

4. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought it was a great movie. It's easy to forget that it's not a remake, and more of a reimagining. My problems with it:

-It did lack a lot of the "dirty glam" from the original. Which, I get it, they had to clean it up a bit for tv. Still...
    -Though Laverne is a goddess, I think it was miscast. She was great. But it didn't quite have the same effect as the original Frank, a la Tim Curry. Still, a good performance.
    -I hated every second of Ryan McCartan and Staz Nair. Eye candy, and eye candy only.
    -I agree with the comment about Kenny Ortega's directing style. Good - great even, but not a fit for this particular project.

Lastly, I will always love the original. One of my favorite films! <3 <3