1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever ditched school?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did a few times during high school.

2. AmyBee

My senior year of high school was pretty bad so I ditched a number of mornings and a lot of lunch periods. Usually I told my mom I was having stomach problems and I needed more time for pooping. I mean seriously. And that seemed to work. She'd call the school and I'd go in at noon or something, or during first period. My college and then my university gave you a certain number of days you could take off, no questions asked, before you started losing points counting towards your grades. Some of those days went to being sick, some of them went to just not feeling it. The only time I went past my max was when I came down with chicken pox and had to take a week and a half off. But the university made me do that so everything was fine once I was non-contagious.

#42 AmyBee, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  3. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not exactly, but I have pretended to be sick dozens of times before so that my parents would let me stay home from school. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I did in college, I would skip classes sometimes. I depended on how strict the attendance policy was for that class.

5. WhiteWinter

No but nowadays I feel urges to

6. aeva

Friends and I used to get stoned and cut classes in high school (mostly junior and senior year), especially if we had an assembly, then one or two classes afterwards.

7. L0ser

I left early today actually, lol.

Besides that, I've done it sporadically over high school, but I definitely haven't made a habit out of it and I don't do it often.

8. MzMayhem

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up in a very small midwestern town where we did things I'm sure we never should have been allowed to do. My junior and senior years of HS, my best friend and I used to ditch our least favorite classes all the time. We'd often go to the library, tell the librarian we were heading downtown for coffee, and did he want anything. He'd give us the keys to his car (even though technically we weren't allowed to drive off 'campus' except during lunch) as well as his coffee order. We'd go, get coffees for all of us, and come back after. Then we'd go to our next classes with our lattes in hand.

When our teachers would ask us where we'd been during class, we'd say "the library", and the librarian would always cover for us. I'm pretty sure a lot of people knew where we actually were (See: mysterious coffee), but no one ever did anything about it. I was top of my class, and our administration had an attitude of "As long as her grades are good, who cares?"

I look back on it now and can't believe they let that go on like they did...there are so many things wrong with that scenario. But I got away with it for about two years until graduation.

9. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. I'm a goody two shoes. I'm a teacher's pet and all of that. I would never ditch school. I'm too boring to honestly.