1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Straight? ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DeansCastiel, Oct 31, 2016.

1. DeansCastiel

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, Em here! I just recently joined this community and I wanted to ask a question, since I'm not that comfortable asking my sister. I think I just need an outsider's perspective??? I dunno, but BACK TO THE POINT.

So, I don't know if I'm straight, and the reason why I'm questioning myself is because I'm sorta getting attracted to my best friend!

One day, I was just hanging around in class and we just talk like we usually do, but while she was looking out the window, I suddenly admired how beautiful she looked. Not in the stereotypical girly type of way, but the way I usually would react if I saw a boy.

Then I started to think back to the memories we had to together. I remembered when the two of us were little, we would hide under a blanket or whatever and just kiss. It wasn't special or anything, it just sorta happened. We were young and just experimenting anyway, and this also happened with other friends I had when I was a bit older, who were both male and female.

Another point I should mention, is that I also check out other girls. I check out their chests, usually their butts (I also like it when girls in my class moan when eating pizza) and I kind of get warm and blush a bit when I see an attractive girl or my best friend. I even fantasize about having my best friend as a girlfriend, and what it would be like if I at least kissed her..:icon_redf

But I don't know if this is just a phase. I mean, I do SHIP many gay men together and find them attractive, but I don't ship women. I don't know if I'm forcing myself to think this way.

Any advice??? Thanks! ♥

#1 DeansCastiel, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't really sound like you are straight. You could be bisexual or maybe even lesbian, maybe. Don't worry too much about this gay ship thing, I like girls too, but I'm not too much into femslash.

3. killswitch0029

I don't think so.

4. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello!
    First of all, you're the only one who can really answer that question.
    It certainly doesn't seem like you're straight though. The way you feel about you best friend seems like a crush. Furthermore, straight girls don't tend to notice or think about other girls the way you described.
    Also, I know a lot of bi and gay girls who mostly only ship gay guy couples. And I mean a lot. So that's one thing that definitely should not be a factor in you figuring out your sexuality.

You might also want to look up compulsory heterosexuality.

Anyway, just don't stress about it too much. You'll figure it all out eventually.
    Good luck! :icon_bigg

5. Mifora

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How do you feel about boys?

6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't sound straight to me, maybe bi or pan. I mean if you are attracted to boys and girls and, even trans people. Maybe the gender isn't so important to you as how fit they are to your sense of what is attractive.

Don't close your mind off to the possibilities. Don't rush it but, don't be afraid to explore your feelings either. We learn best by experience so, it may take a few experiences for you to really figure yourself out. Nothing wrong with that, just be safe.

7. Halfwayout

Out Status:
    All but family
    Only you can answer that question, but the fact that you're asking that question kinda answers it for yourself.

I started googling 'an I bisexual' when I started realising the things you described were happening to me. That was the start of me 'finding myself'' for lack of a better expression xxx

8. DeansCastiel

Out Status:
    A few people
    OH MY CHUCK GUYS, UPDATE...

So in science class, my guy classmates were being REAL immature and pointed at a page with a woman's organs and all those things.

"Why do they even put this on here?" They ask

And I just said jokingly "haha idk because a female body is interesting"

And one of them was like "wow, em, that's very lesbian of you" and I somehow I felt so uncomfortable...not in a homophobic kind of way, but i felt so sad.

Also, when my girl classmates talk, it's always about guys and crushes. Like, I sorta get bored but I feel I always feel like I have to hold myself back from contributing in. I can't even say a girl is hot, because I think they'll think that I'm weird and talk behind my back. Plus, everyone never takes LGBTQ+ seriously. They always make jokes and I get so offended and hurt for no reason.

Oh, to answer on of your questions, I also like boys.

Does this mean anything? ??

9. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, to say that female body is interesting and proudly if u can say hot and sexy, is not valid to have a comment of "that's very lesbian...etc." Next time you praise the female body or what and someone say "that's very lesbian..." just smile, raise your eyebrow and say "thank you. As a woman, I am proud to say what I think of about female body." I'm sorry to say this but you're classmates are young and obnoxious so you will receive a lot of homophobic comments. One way to defend lgbt without getting a whiplash from unfriendly immature people is to talk about "respecting diversity. " Now that is broad but it is a subtle way of saying to respect everyone regardless of their orientation.

10. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered bisexuality? It sounds like you might fit that label.

11. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha me too! It's funny (in a good way) about those pizza moans. That one sealed it, IMHO. Defs you are not 100% straight.

Sorry about the casual homophobia. Not to mention the immature guys... I apologize for my gender. You know your bf likes you, but does she like you? Good luck with that!